Monday, February 22, 2010

Cabinet doors are up!

By the way, the cabinet doors got installed last Friday.

The drawers are being rebuilt, which was news to me. I thought we were just getting new tracks for them! (The new tracks will allow them to open completely...the old tracks made them stop about 3 inches short of the back of the drawer, which made it hard to access some stuff like our infrequently used silverware, and that kind of thing.) So hopefully they'll be installed this week.

The countertop guy came and measured for the countertop today, so that should be done soon. And the floor people brought a couple more samples, as well as did their own measuring today, too. I'm pretty sure we're going with the fake concrete look, but we're trying to keep an open mind for the time being. No hurry there.

Tonight, we're going to find tile for the backsplash, now that we'll have a sample of the countertop to take with us. Oh, and we're picking a paint color for the walls, which should be an exercise in frustration. No other room in the house is as big of a PITA to paint, so we really don't wanna fuck it up. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Catherine VandeVelde said...

Can't wait to see the countertop. Me thinks you need to have a part to show it all off!

Faith said...

A party might be in line, fo sho. Maybe in April, when the Twin is here for a visit...:D

Nora said...

Sigh...you know you're going to go with blue. Acceptance is the first step...

Faith said...

Teehee! We actually picked a dark brown, a lighter brown, and a grayish color that all go really well with the backsplash accent tiles we picked, as well as the floor and the countertop. We just want to put the samples on the wall and see how they all look with the cabinet colors. Leo should be doing that today, so I'll be sure to update with pictures tomorrow. Woo!

clw said...

Kitchens are def the worst rooms to paint-for me it was the smallest over all area to paint but took the longest and the greatest toll on my back and legs! Can't wait to see it all finished - the cabinets look great!

faithstwin said...

I was just looking at the girls bathroom where I need to paint at some point. I don't know how I will get to the area in the tub part of the shower- I guess my step stool? It just seems unsafe, but what home project doesn't have some kind of danger element, right?

I'm glad you explained the drawer bit. I was kind of confused with the picture- I couldn't tell if they were missing completely or if you just had them stained black. =p

Faith said...

When I painted above the tub lining years ago when I first moved into the house, I used the step ladder in the tub, yes. Just put something grippy under the feet, like one of those rubber bathmats that old people put in their bathtubs to prevent their slipping. I managed to do mine without anything like that, and it was a quick job at least, but it was a bit scary. So be careful!