Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Maybe I should just work from home more often.

I got another voluntary comment about my beverage consumption in the break room again today. I was filling up my Bubba Keg, and a coworker walked in (this time, it was someone I don't even know...) and said something like, "None of us can go home until you finish all that!" And then she sort of laughed at herself, which made her even more endearing, of course.

I swear, I almost just went ahead and gave her the WTF face right then and there. But instead I just said, "I have 2 and a half of these every day. So you can go home by 5." And then we both sort of laughed, because that's how awkward random commentaries between coworkers who don't know each other end, and I went back to my desk, barely able to walk straight due to the fact that my eyes just didn't seem to want to stop rolling.

Why is it so hard to believe that I like water enough to drink it all fucking day? Is it the fat ass that throws people off? Because fatness doesn't necessarily equal dehydration, in case anyone was wondering. Jeeee-eeezY!

I wish it was full of beer, btw. Sweet, awesome, wheat beer of some sort. And to go with it? One of those fluffy sugar cookies in the shape of a shamrock, with green sugar crystals stuck all over the top of it. ::sigh:: Maybe I'll get some for the coworkers when I'm out a lunchtime, and treat myself to one, because it's a holiday, dammit. I should be able to properly celebrate the fucking holiday with a sugar cookie, if I so please. And if I don't get the cookies, then I'm likely to start Irish dancing all over the place, because the holiday needs to be celebrated somehow, and since I KNOW how to do Irish dance, then that's obviously how I should celebrate if there are no cookies about, right? I'm thinking this could also aid me in my desire to work from home more often, too. Depends on how loudly I blast the Irish jig music from my computer. This idea is getting more and more interesting by the minute. Pardon me while I develop it a bit better in my mind. (Happy St. Patrick's Day, btw...)

6 comments:

JJSKCK said...

No one likes the "I'm just givin' you shit" coworker. I feel your pain.

What happened to a casual "Good morning"?

faithstwin said...

Especially if that 'I'm just giving you shit' co-worker isn't even someone that is an aquaintance.

Aaahhh- Irish dancing. With those boobs. The image is lovely. =P

Is Leo making corned beef and cabbage? (I am!!!) This is one of my favorite food holidays of the year- it's so simple. Boil some meat, cabbage, potatoes and carrots together in one pot. Spread on plate (with butter on potatoes and vingear on cabbage). EAT! (And drink beer if'n one pleases. I will have my wine thankyouverymuch).

Faith said...

No. Every year we talk about it, and then every year we shop for the week and completely forget that one of the days is St. Patrick's Day. So tonight, we will have turkey meatloaf and mashed cauliflower to celebrate, I think. Hopefully, after a trip to the gym. (Which will also hopefully be empty because all the cool kids will be out drinkin' and getting sloppy.)

Maybe I'll wait until after the boob job to do any Irish dancing. Hmm...

Spyder said...

Twin, Vinegar on boiled cabbage? Really? I've never heard of that. I put butter & salt & pepper.

faithstwin said...

Spyder- indeed. I love vinegar to begin with and when it mingles with the buttery potatoes and the corned beef it lights my fire. I'm having those leftovers for lunch- this year I actually found the perfect sized beef brisket so I don't have an overage of meat this time.

evision said...

www.onlineuniversalwork.com