Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update-a-mundo (because everyone needs a little Fonz now and then)

I've decided to hook back up with a trainer rather than to do a tummy tuck. Frankly, the surgery scares the bejeesus outta me, even though I know my doctor is good at what he does, and everything...I just don't think it's the right thing for me right now. I'd rather work my butt off twice a week for the next 3 months with a trainer, and see where that gets me. So I will.

Quick update on a couple of things...

- South Beach living. It's going well. I've fallen off the alcohol wagon a couple of times over the last 2 weeks, but I've been really good about sticking with my food planning, and while exercise hasn't been what I'd like it to be, it hasn't been as non-existent as it had been for several months last year, so I won't kick myself too much.

Started Feb 15: 218.5 pounds
As of March 29: 210.5 pounds

I'll take it. (Leo has, of course, lost almost twice as much as I have. I told him to stop talking about it, unless he wants to lose a nut. Fuckin' frustrating, is what it is...) (And before you go judging, it's not that I'm begrudging him his success...I'm happy for him, really. But the frustration outweighs the happy on most days, ok? Not gonna lie.)

It really is an easy way to live, especially if you're like us and tend to cook at home more often than you eat out, and you already avoid things like fast food and stuff. I recommend it to everyone now. I recommend it to YOU too, whoever you may be. It's good stuff. :D

- Kitchen remodel. We're done, almost. We're waiting on our contractor to put in the quarter round that finishes off the moulding around the cabinets, but otherwise, everything is all good to go.

As a reminder, here's basically where we began:
And here's what the kitchen looks like now:

LOVE. We are very happy. The only issue I have is that I can't tell when the countertop is dirty anymore! Until I put something down on it, and can feel grittiness or whatever under the object, I tend to not notice any debris or water or any of that. It's very camouflage, it turns out. Oh well! Could be worse. It's pretty camouflage, at least.

So that's what's new with me. I'm off to see what's new with other people now! ::waves::

2 comments:

Erin said...

8 lbs! Nice work!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.