Friday, April 16, 2010

Baseball Season!

Last week, we headed out to the stadium to watch a Royals game, in the hopes that we would get to visit with some of our server/bartender friends from the Moose, since they work at a bar out there now and then, too. Unfortunately, it wound up being (a) a Red Sox game, and (b) a perfect fucking night for baseball watching, so the game was pretty much sold out. Which meant that the bar our friends work in out there was pretty full by the time we got in. No seats left, dammit. :(

So we headed over to our own seats instead, which were in the perfect spot, IMO. Well, one of the perfect spots, anyway! We were under an overhang, so we weren't stuck in any glaring sunshine as the sun went down, and if it rained (which there was no chance of, but still...being prepared is key!), we'd have been covered.

The game was a good one! Stadium was full, Greinke was pitching, the rednecks were out en force...ahhh, Spring.

I asked Leo to get some pictures of us enjoying our day. He's still getting used to the camera function on his newer phone, so we started experimenting...

Ok, I look pretty good in that shot above, but I'd rather see Leo with me instead of the stellar examples of humankind sitting behind us. (They went on later to have a deep discussion about Greinke's pay level. One of them was imitating Greinke - who I've never heard speak, so I don't know how accurate he was - speaking as if he was developmentally disabled. Given, the guy was having a shitty pitching night, but that's kind of how things work in baseball. Sometimes you do well, and sometimes you suck. Der. If you don't like how they pay their players, then maybe you shouldn't...go to the games? Just a suggestion...)

Ok, here he got a bit better with the camera aim...
But I look super cool in that photo, so I started laughing and this happened...
And I just told him to please STOP IT after that. I mean, really. I have no neck. GAH. I can hear Tyra's voice in my head now, and she's not happy, mkay?
I'm looking forward to getting out to more games this season, though. I like the changes that have been made to the stadium, and I really just love watching a good game from up close, dammit. Too bad we couldn't get to a game when you were in town, Twin! I guarantee we could change your mind about watching a baseball game in person if we had. I just love it...

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

I'm sure the experience would have been nice because I LIKE hanging out with you guys and that's most of the fun right there. The only time I went to a game I was with the ex and, lets face it, I just didn't like hanging out with him much and add to that some of his friends? Gah!

You guys look like you were having a good time and I love ALL of the shots- you're such dorks!