Friday, June 18, 2010

ABC sucks. The Lakers do not.

This is pretty much what I looked like for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter of the Laker game last night:
The Twin. On the terrifying-looking "Xcelerator" ride at Knott's Berry Farm. Hahahahaha!

I enjoyed the game, for the most part. Aside from Kobe playing like a wet rag that kept being tossed on a flame to put it out, making me lose my mind and scare my dogs with all the yelling, I was able to see beyond the bad shots that were being taken much of the time, and have a hope in my heart that the Lakers would be able to eventually pull it out and win the game. (And I love me some Kobe, so don't think I'm bashing on him at all...his rebounding was phenomenal! His shooting was just off, is all. Everyone can have a bad night, so it was a good thing that the Lakers wound up pulling together an playing like the team I know they can be!)

What I did not enjoy was ABC's decision to run a little retropective in the 4th showing all the close call championship wins (and one not so close call) the Celtics had over the Lakers in the past. It was biased, and stupid, and it pissed me right the fuck off.

Also? The announcers sounded fucking retarded. At one point, one of them was talking about how cute Jennifer Garner's daughter is, and I'm not kidding when I say that maybe Jen and Ben might want to look into getting a restraining order against that dude, just in case. It made me uncomfortable to hear him after a minute, to be honest. I don't understand his motivation to even bring it up, and the digression was so distracting, I was tempted to change the channel to get away from it.

BUT NO! There was also a kick-ass game on at the same time as the weirdo pedophilic rambling! So I stuck it out, and was rewarded for my pain.

To put it simply: that game was fucking awesome. Long live the Lakers. Phil Jackson is my hero.

Happy Friday. :D

2 comments:

Nuke said...

Fuckall, you take your basketball seriously.

From the few minutes I saw, the World Cup didn't have any pedophiliac announcers. You know, if you want a change of pace.

Have a good weekend, but try to relax and not burst any seems.

Faith said...

Hahahahahaha! I really, really do. Leo was in the office on the computer for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter, so I was on the couch by myself watching the game go down...I was so sad and mad with him for that! ;)

Later I was giving him shit for making me watch a momentous game all by my lonesome (with just the dogs to keep me company, and even they abandoned me after a while because of all the yelling!), and he was all, "I watched the last 3 minutes with you!" As if that made up for me watching the previous 27 minutes alone. ::roll eyes::

You don't want to get between me and my Lakers, that's for damned sure. ::serious face::

:D