Monday, June 07, 2010

Health Update, again!

Tomorrow is the momentous day when I change my frontal landscape forevaaahhhh. I go under the knife at about 9:40 CST, in case you would like to think fond things of me at that moment, which will almost assuredly help the surgery go smoothly and perfectly.

I'm a little scared. But mostly, I'm just excited about it all. Leo started having nightmares over the weekend about what kind of monster I'll turn into in recovery. Lots of yelling...lots of pouting...there might've been some hurling of smoothies that apparently weren't smooth enough. Whatever. I don't even drink smoothies, yo. He's weird.

So this will be my last update until maybe Friday, depending on how I'm feeling. I'll have my computer with me at home, so if I'm feeling up to it, maybe an update on Thursday isn't out of the question. I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday are pretty much gonna be my Totally Out of It days. We'll see.

That all said, I had my weigh in/measurements done by my trainer this morning to see how we've progressed thus far. My last health update was on May 4th. So it's been about a month. Here are the updated stats:

April 1st - a.k.a. The Starting Point
Weight: 214
Body Fat: 35.8
Neck: 14 in
Upper arm: 12 in
Forearm: 10 in
Chest: 42 in
Waist: 47 in
Hips: 49 in
Thigh: 24 in
Calf: 16 in

June 7th - a.k.a. NOW
Weight: 210
Body Fat: 34.3% (She said that I gained 1 pound of muscle and lost 5 of fat. YAY!)
Neck: 14 in
Upper arm: 12 in
Forearm: 9 in
Chest: 41 in
Waist: 46 in
Hips: 47.5 in
Thigh: 22 in (Yes that's right...down to 22 inches. ::fist pump::)
Calf: 14.5

So an overall loss of 7 inches. Not too shabby. If anyone is wondering what I do, here's my standard weekly routine:

Monday: Work out for 40 mins with trainer at 5 a.m.
Tuesday: Rest or cardio, depending on rest of week's plans.
Wednesday: Work out on my own at 5 a.m., using a previous week's routine that trainer wrote for me. Generally, this only takes me about 30 minutes, so I do 20 mins of cardio either on the treadmill or elliptical that day.
Thursday: Rest or cardio, depending on weekend plans.
Friday: Work out for 40 mins with trainer at 5 a.m.
Saturday: Cardio on my own, if didn't work out on Thursday.
Sunday: Cardio of some sort. Kind of an easy day...yesterday, for example, we walked the dogs.

That's an ideal week, anyway. Last week, I only worked out on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then we walked the dogs on Sunday before dinner. I also washed Jake, which can be quite a workout itself, but I don't count it, of course. ;) If I know I'm not going to get in for a cardio day on Tuesday or Thursday, I'll eat lighter, typically. Lots of salads without dressing, for example. (I put things like a couple of pickled beets, and a couple of tablespoons of blue cheese crumbles and vinegar on there to give it yummy flavor.) Dinners typically consist of fish with a veggie of some sort, or whole wheat pasta with buffalo meatballs, or buffalo steak marinated and then grilled, and cut up for a salad or put into a whole wheat tortilla (or I like to use lettuce leaves instead to wrap them up) and eaten with guacamole, pico, and a little lowfat cheese. Breakfast is usually a high fiber/low cal english muffin with one egg, lowfat cheddar cheese, and a couple of slices of deli turkey. On really hungry days, I'll also have a half a cup of lowfat cottage cheese and half of an avocado drizzled with balsamic vinegar. That's my favorite breakfast, anyway.

It's taking time, and there are definitely some pit stops along the way (like the ribs we got for dinner last Saturday...YUM!), but for the most part, we're doing really well with our healthy choices, and we're not feeling deprived at all. I hope that this time around, the changes last for me, dammit! ::crosses fingers::

3 comments:

Nuke said...

Good luck kid!

Lushy said...

Hope you are doing well!

Catherine VandeVelde said...

Way to go on the numbers going down! Hope surgery went great yesterday!!