Monday, July 26, 2010

I pretty much hate car shopping with a burny fire of 8,000 suns.

This totally might be my new car in a few days, guys. Whatdya think? (Except imagine it in black. With tinted windows. And I guess those rims are ok.)
I kinda luuurrrrvvve it. A LOT. (It's an Infiniti G37x, for those who care. 2010.) But I need to be reasonable and responsible, and test drive another couple of cars first before I set my mind on it 100%. So tonight, I'll continue with the comparison shopping. ::sigh:: I kinda hate shopping for cars.

Also fun and amazing and wonderful! Our front landscaping appears to be completed. I like it. Do you like it?

Not much color from anything yet, but they're brand new plants. You can't be judgy with them until it's been at least a few months. Then you can freely side-eye them if they haven't produced their promised blooms, but really, you should save any yelling and arm-waving for the following year, because they need time to settle in their new soil and get happy. And that can take at least a year. I know, I was surprised when I learned that, too.
Anyway, life has been productive. I much prefer lazy life. Looking forward to getting that back in the next few weeks or so...

5 comments:

faithstwin said...

No issue with it but just curious...

1. Where is the tree? He stood right back there- 'he' is not 'represented' by any tree...

2. It seems the same plants outside of the kidney-shape are INSIDE the kidney-shape...

3. What is the point of the kidney shaped 'planter' if there are going to be plants directly outside it anyway?

I need explanation. As usual.

Faith said...

I know its sparse and kinda hard to see, but the tree is in the left end of the planter there in the last photo. It's just small right now. I'll take better pictures of everything this weekend, with an actual camera instead of a phone. They should turn out better.

And the different levels of the plants is just the way it was designed. It's all going to fill in, over time, as the plants grow of course. So were discussing whether we want to put in an edger of some sort around the lower level plants, to keep them separate from the grass. That's a problem we've had in the past in that same area, so it makes sense to me, now that I've seen everything planted. We'll also mulch, which will help deliniate the plants from the grass.

And the plants are all different at each level. They may look similar now, but we have one line of one kind of plant, and then one line of another kind of plant, and so on and so forth. When they get more mature, it'll all come together, yo.

Nuke said...

I'll reserve any judgment on the landscaping until it starts to grow in. I mean right now it looks fine, but not better than open yard to me.

Nice looking car tho. I hate shopping as well. Usually I do research and narrow down my list to 1-3 cars I want to test drive. Last 2 times I haven't gotten past the first choice.

And a quick question to the Twin, did you e-mail me something about a video your brother did? The subject header sounded like one of those spam/virus links you get from time to time.

Faith said...

Nuke, I will just refer you back to paragraph 4, sentence 2 of my post, with regards to the new landscaping. You just hang in there! I'm sure that even by fall, there will be a lovely difference, but definitely by next summer!

And I even know the answer to the question you have for the Twin. Yes, she probly emailed you the video our brother made for Funny or Die. It's valid. Not a virus. You might check it out. (I didn't really get it, but I'm not that bright. :/)

Catherine V said...

That is one fancy ride. Why does my husband only let me have cars that are five years old and are "sensible"? This is not fair.

Like the landscaping. Looking forward to seeing it when it has matured.