Wednesday, August 25, 2010

For those who've been waiting, pictures are over heeerrre!

Ok, since I'm not sure what I am and am not allowed to share with the general interwebs when it comes to pictures of my family, I'm gonna have to be a little selective with what I choose to show here on the blog. But that's ok...it's not like everyone was super-psyched to see photos of relatives that mean pretty much nothing to them, right? Yeah...::shrugs::

Here's me illustrating what it is you do on the drive between Vegas and Havasu:

That was an "action" shot. Because you pretty much look forward, aaaannd...that's about it. Because...

Yeah...

Oh! Oooohhh...

And then you celebrate because this means you're almost there...

And THIS means you are there! (London Bridge)

I heard it fell down once, so I'm not sure why they wanted it there, particularly. Meh.

Our hotel had a cove that my brother could park his boat in, and he also rented a cabana for the weekend so we had some shade. Awesome.
Here's some more of the hotel...we stayed at the Nautical Inn. They've recently done some remodelling, but not apparently to the room we stayed in. Made 'em cheaper, but DAMN. Ours smelled funky. Blech.
Ok! Here's someone y'all know! It's the Twin! Wave hello...
And here's Leo, relaxin' on his b-day celebration weekend with a...well, it was an iced tea. A really strong iced tea, but tea all the same. We drank beer on Sunday, but Saturday was more of an adjustment to the heat/drink caffeine and water kind of day, for some reason.
I titled this photo, "I want THAT boat." Because, um...I want that boat. :/
I honestly don't know what happened to my ass. It doesn't look like that in real life. We're having the camera checked out...

I'm standing like this in a few photos from the weekend. I don't know if this is a pose I strike a lot or what, but it seems to be the case...

I went out on the boat twice. Both times, we were going fast, but didn't get back too far into the river/canyon area. So they weren't really photo-taking opportunities. Plus, we were afraid our camera might get fucked up from water damage, so we kept it in a drawer while we were on the boat a lot of the time. If I could go back, I'd get more photos of us out in the lake, maybe some video of the super-fast boats ripping by us as we either stopped for a swim or went our measley 45 MPH, and definitely beg my brother to take me and Leo into the canyon so he could see what it was like back there.


Next time...definitely next time.....

5 comments:

faithstwin said...

Awww- where is the cool artsy shot of Oldest Sis? I dug that shot- and I know she actually approved of it after she saw it too.

I'm bummed about the lack o' canyon shots as well but as older sister was saying on the drive toward home, Bro was remembering just how long it takes to get up the river- at full speed (a steady 34 to 40 mph) it took us anywhere from 45 mins to an hour.

I say you, Leo and I split the cost and rent our own boat next time so we can go check things out. Maybe?

I would complain about my pic but it was 115 fucking degrees. Thats the best I can look in that kind of heat.

Faith said...

"I would complain about my pic but it was 115 fucking degrees. Thats the best I can look in that kind of heat."

Ditto. It's not like I'm pleased with any of my pics, excepting maybe the one in the car where I'm drinking a soda. But honestly, you can't even try to look cute when you're out in heat like that. It's not worth it!

faithstwin said...

I think I looked nice at dinner on Saturday. Where are the pics from that event, eh? =P

Faith said...

I know! WHY didn't we take pictures when we were all dressed and not looking like melted peoplesicles? We're dumb. :P

faithstwin said...

No, we were suffering from melted brain. Happens to everyone at Havasu around this time of year. Don't you remember those poor girls who thought they could dance and the people that were encouraging their terrible dancing? Prime example, dude. PRIME example.

=D