Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Basically, I'm a cakewalk compared to his life before meeting me!

Sometimes, I wonder how it is my lovely Leo has managed to put up with me for the past 5 years and counting...and then I think, "Well, yeah. I guess if I grew up kinda poor with 4 brothers I shared a room with, and a dad that kicked my ass on a regular basis, and then went out into the world only to wind up meeting significant others that took advantage of me and treated me like dirt, all while living in teeny kind of run-down apartments, the last of which didn't even have a couch in it (because it didn't fit through the front door) so I had to sit on the floor to watch t.v....I'd look like a pretty attractive option to me, too!"

Honestly, we're just a good match. I was talking to a coworker the other day about how we deal with disagreements in our house, and I had to sit there and think about it. And then I said, "We don't have disagreements. Because I'm generally right...so that helps." But then I continued, "Really, though, we just don't disagree on much. We have the same taste in stuff, and that seems to go a long way!"

We do fight. We do. We're human...shit makes us unhappy. It gets sorted out either the old fashioned way (i.e. with me retreating to my own space where I sulk and tell him to leave. me. alone.), or with a little humor and sarcasm, depending on how bad the fight is. But generally, things get resolved, and we're happy and back to normal within a few hours.

I can't help but wonder how it is he sees himself with me for the rest of our lives though. I just don't know how he does it! I'm grateful for his tenacity, though. The man is a fortress when it comes to putting up with mood swings, dry wit, and general evilness. That is how I know he is meant for me.

So tonight we'll raise a glass to tenacity, wit, fortitude, and future happiness...and put our hopes out there that we'll have the opportunity to live long lives together, experiencing new places, new people, and new things along the way. Because, God help him, I do love that man. :)

10 comments:

Ryan the Girl said...

Congrats!

Dan said...

Hurrah - wonderful post.

It's nice to be around the two of you, because you're both neat people individually, and there's a sense of happiness together. Happy anniversary.

faithstwin said...

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary HAAAPPPYYY AANniversary!

happyhappyhappyhappyhappy anniversary...

happyhappyhappyhappyhappy AANNIverSARY!

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! HAAAPPPYYY Anniversary!


(for those of you wondering, this is sung ala Monroe-style from the show 'Too Close For Comfort'. AKA: Cosmic Cow, per our Mom.)

Faith said...

Ahahahahahahaha! Haven't heard that in years. Man, that show was awesome.

Thanks you guys! :D

Janet said...

Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!

JBALL said...

I hear his childhood was a breeze b/c of his super cool friend Jason...lol

Congrats you two! Happy Anniversary!!

Faith said...

Well, his super cool friend Jason certainly did seem to help make things interesting! (And more fun, of course. :D)

And, btw, we cannot WAIT to see him and his awesome wife and behbeh in another month. I can't believe it's been 3 years, man! And this might be the year ND has a chance against USC, too! You lucky bastid...

Catherine V said...

Yay! Well said.

JBALL said...

Not looking forward to seeing the turdfest that is USC/ND this season :( but definitely looking forward to seeing you two!

faithstwin said...

I wanted to call you yesterday and sing with with the girls backing me up but they refused. =( I even sang the whole thing for them, and while they were entertained, they still wouldn't help me out.