Friday, October 29, 2010

Broken cherries make me sad. :(

Crude title to the post, but really, there's no better way to put it in cases like these.

My 2 and a half month old car has a scratch on it.

:/

I just went to get it cleaned today, since it had a little bit of grime and dust built up on it from the past few weeks of random weather, and as I finished up my little review-walk-around thing when the dudes were done drying it, and the one guy that was walking with me said, "It's a good-looking car. It's a new G35, right?" And I said, "G37X, actually..." and stopped short, because I saw something fishy right behind my driver side door. So we looked at it closer, and the guy was all, "Looks like a door was opened into it." And I sighed, and said, "2 months. 2 freaking months, dude." And he just shook his head, and said, "Aw, that's a bummer!" And then he wished me a good weekend, and I climbed in and drove away.

People are such assholes. Or, in this case, probably someone's kids are assholes since the line-up of the scratch goes more with a passenger door on a 4-door car, in my estimation, and we all know how much regard I have for children and their stupidness. Or maybe someone who carpooled to lunch one day and sat in someone's backseat and then got out of the car in the work garage was an asshole. I dunno. But regardless, asshole. I take great care when I get in and out of my car so that my door doesn't touch the car next to me. Our parking spots at work aren't super-generous, so I have a lot of practice with it. And I guess I just wish, in my heart of hearts, that the people parking around me would have the same common sense about it all.

But there it is. The first scratch. (And teeny, tiny dent, I might add. It's not too terrible, though...) Had to happen sometime, right?

Happy weekend, everyone! You watch those doors now, alright? ;)

No comments: