Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A half-hearted update. Meh...

I have little to no "umph" lately, so pardon the lack of posting. Work has been unusually busy, and I'm looking forward to the quietness the holidays brings...but the slow down won't start until next week. ::sigh::

In the meantime, I've been battling the first cold I've had in I don't know how long, and the symptoms keep changing every day. This winds up leading me to believe that I'm alternately getting better or getting worse, depending on the time of day. Yesterday afternoon, for example, I felt like my head was going to explode, what with all the pressure I was suddenly feeling in my sinuses. I thought for sure I was finally coming down with something treatable, like a sinus infection. But this morning, I woke up and felt better and less head explody, so I figured I was better and didn't need to contact the doctor after all. But now? I feel icky again.

Colds are stupid.

So I'm fighting it with exercise, Emergen-C and other vitamins, and as much sleep as I can get my hands on. We'll see if it's still here by week's end. (Good god, I hope not!)

I have acquired even more change from our house ghost since I last mentioned it, so that's inspired me to start a pictography of it all, which I will be posting soon. Jeffers has gotten relatively creative with his choices of location for the coins he gives us, so I started taking pictures in order to better relay the activity here on the blog. I just think it's hard to picture without a visual guide, is all. So look forward to that coming up tomorrow or Thursday.

In the meantime, send me non-cold vibes, would ya? I feel like a lump of shit...

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

Nice labels. "Colds are stupid" must be a highly searched topic. =P

I get acupuncture treatment #3 in a little bit. I'll send you non-cold vibes while lying there trying to relax. I really don't have anything better to do while trying to relax, you know? It's so hard to relax when someone sticks needles in you then leaves you for an unspecified period of time saying, "Relax for a bit." Well, now you TOLD me to relax so I will be TRYING to relax and I just can't fully relax, I've found, when someone SAYS I SHOULD. I dunno...