Monday, January 03, 2011

Do you know how hard it is to crawl back up from off the face of the planet???

Not much is going on. But I thought an update was due, all the same.

Christmas went well. Drama was low. Catching up with family was great. Relaxation was at a high level. Aside from the whole flying-on-an-airplane-to-get-there-and-back thing, I have no complaints.

Which might be a first for me!

Healthwise, I'm still a bit off. But I'm working through it all. I feel like my body is slowly breaking down in different, weird, and wacky ways just to keep me on my toes. I'm sick of it. But all I can do is keep pushing through the day, and deal with the weirdness as it comes. My tests came back normal with regards to hormones like estrogen and T4 and stuff, but my vitamin D level was off. I gained a bunch of weight over the holiday, but I ate more than usual and worked out less than usual, so I'm chalking it up to that, for the most part. I've been back on track workout-wise since we got back from vacation, and hopefully will have a helpful visit with the endo on the 19th. Even with the weight gain, I feel pretty good today, and fit into my pants I wanted to wear. That's always encouraging.

Work is busy, though, so I'd better get back to it. Hope everyone had a great (and safe!) New Year! I'll be updating with travel stories and photos from vacation throughout the week...

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

I miss you and Leo... talk about my new car! I love my new car!

Nora said...

There seems to be an increase of people with Vitamin D deficiency. I just found out that mine is very low (9). Why have I never heard of this before? So should I take vitamins, or just say screw it and move to an island in the Caribbean??