Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm a little behind. (Well, a LOT behind, in a couple of different ways, really...)

I'm working from home today, in light of the ickiness that is happening out on the streets in Kansas City as it snows, and snows, and snows, and snows some more throughout the day. So I thought I'd catch up on some shit. Mainly those Christmas photos that I promised to put up last week. Not super-exciting, but hey! It's not the white bleakness of snow, so here we go...

Our Christmas tree was cute, and sat on a corner table-top. I think it looked best when it had a bunch of presents underneath it...
Almost like a normal, full-sized tree! Sort of.

Anyway, here is Leo as he proudly opens a present that totally surprised him:
(Jake was unimpressed.)

And here I am as I open a present that totally surprised me, even though Leo didn't believe that, but it's true, I was totally surprised, and very appreciative. (It was a big ol' jewelry box. One I had never seen before, and I was really impressed with Leo's ability to find one so perfect for me and for our style, and all that good stuff. Loved it!)
I had on gobs of necklaces because that was what I opened before I opened the jewelry box present. Leo bought me all kinds of necklaces from White House/Black Market, because he knows I love fun necklaces. I was wearing them all at once because...well, that's how silly I am on Christmas morning, I s'pose.

I also received a KU snuggie. I love it. But Izzy loved it more. While I went in to shower, she apparently made herself comfy on my snuggie. She dragged it up onto her puppy bed, and laid down on it.
Jake joined her soon after.
Leo thought it was funny enough that he brought the snuggie to bed with us that night. Izzy managed to cocoon herself in it pretty cozily...
That's ok, though. I'm good with sharin' blankeys with the puppies. They're so cute, you just have to let shit like that go most of the time!

While we were in California for the week after Christmas, Leo, the Twin and I had the chance to go up to Crestline (which is near the mountain community that the Twin and I grew up in) to see our best friend Miranda and her family. It had been so long since I'd been up to their house, it was just fabulous to be able to drop in and say hello. Hectic house that it was (Miranda has 3 sisters, and they're all married except for her youngest sis, so it was a house full of babies, kiddos, husbands and wives, and I just don't know how they didn't kill each other, dammit), we were able to visit for a bit and catch up. It was so nice to see them all!

Thing is, until I saw these pictures, I thought I looked pretty good in this gray sweater...
I do love that photo of us three together, but still...WHOAH on the enormity!
Miranda is so gorgeous, though, that it might be making me look that much worse being near her. Not sure. ;)

The funny thing is, I just realized how little I allowed myself to be photographed over the last year, or so...and I think it must be because I'm afraid of seeing what the rest of the world sees when they look at me. I swear that in my mirror, I do not look as big as I do in these photos. Is that a good thing? I don't know. I honestly can't tell you. I try not to beat myself up for being so big, because I DO work hard to try to lose weight, as I've mentioned many, many times before. I go see the endocrinologist next week, so hopefully I can get some answers there. And I've been working on lowering my calorie intake to as low as I can without it being ridiculous, and hopefully that will help (I lost 2 pounds last week, so maybe?), but in the meantime, it's hard to see photos of myself like those ones above. In a sweater that I loved and thought I looked pretty aweome in. And now I want to burn because it makes me look like a bag lady, which is NOT the style statement I want to make on a daily basis.

In the meantime, I will revel in my lustrous hair, and my behaving-better-than-normal skin.

And I will wear more belts. That should help...

4 comments:

Catherine V said...

You may suffer from the same condition I do ... reverseanorexiadoh! ... in which I perceive I am thinner than I really am.

This is why doing close ups with friends is good, along with straight-on headshots. If it's any consolation, no one really looks good from the side! Look at Hollywood. They all face the camera (at an angle) and have a set pose. You just need to find your 'Faith Pose.'

Looks like a present-licious Christmas!

Well Hell Michelle said...

Hmmm, I think the sweater flowing straight down from the chest makes it look that way from the side. I had a similar sweater, and from the front it was fine, but from the side I looked like Bea Arthur in a caftan from a Golden Girls episode. I have since given the sweater to a friend with less of a chest than me, and it looks great on her.

Faith said...

"reverseanorexiadoh" LOVE IT. I totally have this affliction. I just never had the proper name for it. :D

Michelle, that makes sense, too. They're smaller than they used to be, but they're still D's. Those babies stick out, no matter what. Stupid bewbies.

faithstwin said...

Awww! I love the photos. I haven't even loaded mine from over the holiday, so I guess I should get to that, eh? That pic of me pointing at you two has an optical illusion in it- I promise to everyone in the world I do not wear burgundy bows of any type in my hair. It was something on the fireplace behind me making me LOOK like I was wearing a bow.

Side shots are difficult. Do not beat yourself up over it. You are doing everything you can to deal with the issue and that's all one CAN do, right? Though I read what Drew Carey did to lose so much weight and I am worried I will have to do the rowing machine for 60 minutes a day, 5 or 6 days a week for a YEAR before I can lose half what he did...