Monday, January 31, 2011

It's like the flu, without any of the benefits

I did a bootcamp class over the weekend, because my trainer was the one running it, and I didn't want to be unsupportive!

Worst. decision. EVAR.

Anyway, I'm trying to walk like a normal human being again today, and all. (I hurt all over. It felt like I had the flu yesterday morning when I got up, but with more peppiness. It was just my muscles freaking out, basically. And there was tiredness, but I got over it quickly.) Yesterday, she went a little easier on me than usual when we were training, but she told me she thinks I should do more group exercise classes. She was impressed with how much I appeared to push myself in that kind of environment.

meh.

I don't like people, is the problem. So it's hard for me to psych myself up to attend stuff like that. We'll see.

My endocrinologist's nurse called me today. The doctor wanted to know when I did one of the take-home tests. (It was what's called a nightime salivary cortisol test.) I told her that it was about 10 p.m., or so. She called me back later, and said that the doctor wants me to re-do it. The numbers were ridiculously high, or something. (Apparently, your cortisol levels should be at their lowest late at night. And then they perk back up again in the morning.) He wants me to do it at 11:30 p.m. some night this week. Blech. I don't usually voluntarily stay up that late during the week, but whatever! If I need to re-do it, I need to re-do it.

If they're high again, it could be a sign of something called Cushing's Syndrome. (Or Cushing's Disease. I don't know if there's a difference, to be honest.) So we'll see.

Today, I'm trying to focus on the fact that I get to start my acupuncture treatments for my crazy facial twitch tonight, and not think about anything else. I hope hey clear up fast! Like, super-fast. That'd be absolutely fabulous. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: