Monday, February 07, 2011

Good...deal? (Hint: No. No it isn't.)

No jury duty today. Yay.

Instead, I have a flu bug that allows me to be just functional enough to feel bad about calling in sick to work, but still feel shitty while I sit at my desk.

Hopefully people will leave me alone for the most part today.

I'm so excited about my birthday tomorrow, now. ::sigh:: We're supposed to go out to Michael Smith for dinner. But with the snow expected throughout the day tomorrow, and the awesome way my stomach has been queazy after every meal I've attempted to choke down, I think I'm gonna have to cancel the reservation.

Happy 37th to me, eh? Stupid flu bug...

3 comments:

faithstwin said...

Well, I may as well tell you I haven't found you the 'right' gift yet. So it'll be coming some time in the next week. Cuz I suck sometimes.

We'll celebrate properly at the end of the month while we are all together. Oldest Sister mentioned she had never seen me ON my birthday in so many years because this is the first time she has lived so close since we were kids. She had NO IDEA I make such a big deal about it. So she was surprized because I made yesterday's Superbowl festivities all about me. It was such good timing and all!

I hope you feel better soon. Oldest is home sick today with the flu. It started as a cold over the weekend but it is a full blown aching in joints, eyes hurt, running a fever flu now. Goody.

Faith said...

Ok, if YOU suck, then I must be super-sucktastic. Because before now, I didn't even think about a gift for you! Hahahaha! Ha. Ha ha. Eh-em...

I'm an asshole. What can I say?

But if we're not going to celebrate until the end of the month, then I have a bit, no? :D

Maybe you'd like me to pack your freezer with meat again? That always goes over well, it seems...

faithstwin said...

(answer in above post...)