Friday, April 15, 2011

Proper staging ALWAYS involves George Clooney

I'm an avid HGTV watcher. (I don't think I'm unusual in that regard, but figured it might need to be said all the same.) So staging the house for the sale process wasn't all that hard for me to do. We got rid of clutter, but not to the point of making the house feel sparse or cold. We have things immaculately clean right now, and make an extra effort of keeping it like that for quick escapes/unexpected showings. And we cleared out all of the personal photos we had around the house, both of ourselves and our loved ones. The realtor said we could keep one photo of us as a "cute couple" that might help the buyers see who they were getting the house from, if we wanted. So we did! It's this one that Leo made me for Valentine's Day this year. We keep it in the living room, and it makes me giggle every time I look at it. I hope it doesn't creep anyone out, and instead makes them giggle as hard as I do when I look at it! So far, the feedback from the realtors showing the house haven't included any negative comments about it. So I'm leaving it! Maybe George will be good luck. (And then my plans to stalk him in Italy by his villa will be that much closer to becoming a reality...)

No comments: