Friday, April 08, 2011

Retail therapy was in order.

Last night, I had tea with whiskey to help smooth over the week.

I talked to Leo, and explained my concerns about his over-focussing on his schoolwork, and how it's kind of fucking things up lately. (But I also told him that I'm really, really glad he found something he likes studying so much! Because I am.)

I watched recorded episodes of ANTM and Top Chef Masters, and then promptly got a rousing kick to the gut from my IBS immediately after finishing dinner. So I went to bed early after texting my trainer to tell her I wouldn't be able to make it in this morning.

I felt better this morning, but still kinda moody. My coworker and I had a planned trip to Kohl's today, though. She reminded me about it when she got here this morning. We were looking for a sweater we like that her boss wore earlier this week. I actually hated that sweater on me, but found 6 other things I liked a lot. They were all really cheap...I don't shop at Kohl's very often, but DAMN. I need to!

Net/net: I feel like my mood is entirely lifted. I'm cheerier, and feel good about what I'm accomplishing at work. I don't feel like whiskey is a natural given at the end of the day today.

Sometimes, it's just weird what a little shopping can do for a girl. I highly recommend it!

No comments: