Tuesday, May 03, 2011

House buying/selling...it is *exhausting*

Why do people have to be such nerdy dumbasses when it comes to selling their houses? Because, here's the deal: if you need to move to another city, and therefore want to sell your house you live in before leaving, put a reasonable price on it.

Hell, just use that rule no matter WHAT the reason is you're selling your house! Ok?

GOD.

It seems Leo and I are bound and determined to fall in love with houses that are priced ridiculously for the neighborhood they're in, and are currently owned by people who have their heads so far up their asses, they can taste their lungs.

Leo and I, on the other hand, are not stupid when it comes to the price of our home. We're losing about $75,000 by selling it for the price we have it listed at. That's on us. We KNOW that we overimproved. BUT, we also made it awesome. And it's been real nice living there.

And hopefully, an older Ukranian woman that toured it on Monday will also like the idea of living there enough that she gives us money for it soon. Or something. I mean, I don't care who buys it, really. My neighbors want me to make sure they "aren't assholes", but let's be honest: if they have the proper funding, I really don't give a rat's ass!

Ok, ok...that's not entirely true. BUT! Leo and I will have a lovely new home that our old neighbors can come and visit us at any time they want. So they can get away from their new neighbors, if they indeed turn out to be fuckers. Win/win for all of us!

We finally had our offer accepted on a house that we found on Sunday this past weekend. We're having the inspections performed tomorrow.

And if all goes well, we'll be moving in there at the beginning of June.

Keep everything crossed, y'all. If this one falls through, I'm blaming you for it. ::gives side-eye::

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

I'm sending positive ukranian filled vibes your way.

Yay for new house! I hope all goes well with inspections.