Wednesday, June 01, 2011

MYYYY kind of town....

So, Chicago. Chicago is not my most favorite place on earth, let me start off saying. I'm not big on city livin', even though it has multitudes of convenience and awesomeness associated with it, I am somewhat of a people-phobe. I don't like 'em much. I like the ones I know and love, mind you...but strangers? Meh.

There are a LOT of strangers in Chicago.

That said, this weekend was a fun one. Big cities like Chicago are best given to me in little doses like 3 or 4 days, and it was a happy 3 days, indeed.

We started off by getting in earlier Saturday morning, and then met up with Leo's brother and headed to Armitage to see my friend Nini's aunt's artwork. It was fucking INCREDIBLE. Bottlecap art. She made this self-portrait out of fucking BOTTLECAPS, people. Amazing!









After a bit of waiting for Nini and her little family to arrive, the artist herself came out and found us loitering around her workspace. I explained who we were, and as it had just began to rain, she let us in to wait for my friend. She's a really awesome artist...check out the Art on Armitage link for more info.


The rest of the weekend we spent posing, and drinking, and drinking, and eating...FUN. Here I am with my bro-in-law's lovely girlfriend Katherine. She has gorgeous naturally curly, naturally red hair. Go ahead...ask me if I'm jealous.



Leo can be such a camera-hog...



We also went to a Cubs game. Aforementioned crazy-ass Christian people, or some shit, were sitting in front of us. Every time I said a bad word, they gave this slow look over their shoulders at us like, "Good heavens, children! Clean up your mouths!" To which I wanted to say, "WE'RE AT A BASEBALL GAME, YOU DOLTS!" But I didn't. We made fun of the one woman's Cubs scrunchie she had in her hair instead. Super-Christianlike of me, I thought.




I think their favorite part of being in front of me was that we were sitting in an outfield spot right above Fukudome's outfield position. I love that dude. I pronounce his name "fuck you, do me", of course. Because I'm a grown-up. So I was all, "DUDE! Must get a picture of Fuckyoudome!"


And I'm not joking, that was when he did THIS:


Ahhh...it's almost as if he could hear the mental anguish of the Christian freakos in front of us from all the way down on the field, and wanted to get in on the fun. You GO Fuckyoudome!!!


Other activities from the weekend included me losing at a rousing game of darts to both Leo and his little brother...


Leo really hated that dart board!



His little brother was getting cheeky with our friend Lloyd while I observed over a bottle of beer...

Hey...Lloyd. Llllooooyyyyd...I know you can hear me thinking at you. LLOYD. Fine. I'll just burn a hole into your cap with my eyeballs...

And that, in a nutshell, is what Chicago was all about. We also stayed at our fave new hotel, The Trump, and slept better than we do anywhere else on the planet. It's lovely. Highly recommend. We took the El a lot. We took busses a lot. And we cabbed around town in some varyingly very dirty and very clean cabs.

It was pretty awesome.

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

"Every time I said a bad word..." They may as well have turned their stadium seats aroud to face you. =D

Looks like a rockin' time. Next time you gotta invite me alooonnnggg. (BEFORE you go, that is.)

Faith said...

Hahahahaha:P...

We did have a pretty fun time. Next time we plan something like this (might become an annual tradition...), we'll definitely invite you, too.