Thursday, June 02, 2011

Wait...is it 1978 again? ::looks around warily::

This morning as we left our neighborhood on our way to work, my carpooling neighbor and I saw that some genius artist in the making had tagged the STOP sign on the corner.

"STOP POOPING?" my nieghbor exclaimed.

And I said, "Man, that doesn't even make sense. It's not even possible! I've totally tried!"

Obviously, the hooligans in our neighborhood need to get out more. Or stay home more. Or...just fuck off. I dunno. The following STOP sign had a "B" written on it under the "STOP" letters. God only knows what THAT one wanted us to stop doing!

(I'm open to guesses.)

When I was little, the STOP signs around town all had the "STOP DISCO" on them. That made little sense to me at the time, but to be fair, we were just exiting the disco age at that point in time, and it wasn't as relevant to me as it might've been to my older brother and sisters, or our parents. Besides, I rather like disco, so those people were just party-poopers, if you ask me.

STOP POOPING

Hmm...

Anyway, it could've been worse. It could've said "STOP SHITTING", and it didn't. It also could've said "STOP FUCKING" which would be sacrilege. And also would've been much more offensive in the long run. So I guess we can count our lucky stars that we have such geeky hooligans in our neighborhood.

But man did that bring back memories...

3 comments:

Christy said...

My favorite stop sign addition was "collaborate and listen"

Faith said...

Hahahaha! Tha would be awesome! And also very hard to put on a little stop sign. Kudos to that tagger. :D

faithstwin said...

Gah! You know how I would react if I saw that. Dumb punks... no matter what they are costing your city money by having to replace the stop sign. What is wrong with people? WHY did they use that WORD?