Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How do you deal with the stupid? Please, give me advice...

I'm having a hard time dealing with a stupid person right now. I can't go into specifics, but honestly, I'm wondering how this person is able to maintain a job being as stupid as he apparently is.

I don't have to deal with him face to face, so maybe that isn't helping. I'm not sure.

But seriously...after a certain amount of time of having to deal with someone who is

(a) responding slowly to your email requests for help
(b) responding with totally irrelevant information once they DO get back to you
and (c) slowing down a process that affects other people in a negative manner

what do you do? Contact their boss? Tell them outright that they're affecting your productivity, and they need to step things up a bit? Or do you just deal with it, and move on because you DO have other shit you have to do, after all...?

The stupid is getting me down, basically. I HATE the stupid.

3 comments:

"The D" said...

Because you need the help from the stupid person. Doesn't that make you the stupid one? Because you can't figure it out on your own?

Im not saying you're stupid. Im just seeing it from a differnt view.

Faith said...

It's not that I couldn't do it on my own. We have departments that we have to go through for certain things at my work. I do my job, this dude does his job, etc, etc...

It'd be like me going up to the meat department of the grocery store and asking for a pound of steak, and then saying, "You know what? I'll just come on back there and get it myself."

Yeah, you can't do that. You know what I mean?

I can't do what this guy does for us. Just the same as he can't do what I do for my bosses. Because it isn't his job. :/

So, no. That doesn't make me "the stupid one." It makes me an employee in a certain position.

Nora said...

I have a cure for stupid. A shock collar. And if it doesn't cure it, at least you can enjoy watching people twitch!!