Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm confused...

Why the hell is there a movie about the Smurfs being made now? Has that cartoon even been on TV at all since the 80's? I mean, seriously, I don't know. So let me know if it's actually continued on and Gargamel is still harassing Papa and all the other smurfs for whatever reason he chooses from week to week...

There are people in an office not far from my desk that are having an apparently immensely funny conversation/meeting, and it is driving me up the mutherfucking WALL. I'd like to head out and start happy hour now, please.

(That seems like it's an oxymoronic issue, doesn't it? That someone is so happy, and it's making me want to leave to find my happiness elsewhere? I know...I'm weird.

But honestly, I want to go poke my head in there and say, "Um, can you shut the fuck up, please?" And I know that'd be the wrong thing to do. I think the only right thing would be to finish up work, and head home early...)

3 comments:

faithstwin said...

Oldest actually wants to see the Smurf movie. Go figure. From what I have seen in commercials, yes, Gargamel is still bothering them all. It's all part of the issue that takes them to New York somehow. (so stupid. Sooooo so stupid.)

I just want Breaking Dawn already!

Now go home. =D

christinag said...

Loved Smurfs. Would have LOVED a movie back in the day about them...but I think this is better than one they could have come up with back then. It was my first ever 3D movie (wanted to see the smurfs in my lap! LOL ) and it was fun. Went in with no expectations; I think it actually WON this weekend at the box office, despite reviews by critics. And no, we weren't the only adults in the theater without children.

faithstwin said...

Well, Oldest saw it on Friday and probably would have walked out if she weren't alone with her boyfriend in the dark. (Friends came with but they were so bored less than half-way thru they decided to movie hop, I hear. Lovely.) She said it had NO plot and she had no idea what was going on or why they were running around New York. (I suggested maybe it was because she was making out with her boyfriend that she didn't know what was going on, but I digress...) No matter what, it has no appeal to me whatsoever.