Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Being productive...

I work for 3 different executives now. I used to work for just one. It was nice.

And then another one was added on at the end of last year. No biggy. Dude is cool...we get along well. It was working out swimmingly.

Then they (the VP team) asked if I could handle another. I said sure. The other person they asked has two much higher maintenance executives than mine, and I figured I could handle it.

Not so much.

Given, it's only been 2 weeks. I'm sure that 2 weeks is not enough time to get used to all this influx.

It doesn't help that it's been the hardest 2 weeks for me that I've physically had to face ever, either. But hopefully I'll have that figured out relatively soon.

I've scheduled the colonoscopy for next Thursday.

So we'll see! Hopefully, it's a simple solution, because sitting? It is a big part of this here admin job.

Anybody ever had a colonoscopy? Tell me that it's like playing with unicorns and not horribly terrible in any way, will ya? I do know that they'll knock me out for the procedure, so that's nice. But GAH. It's all a little terrifying, is all...

4 comments:

faithstwin said...

Dude, playing with unicorns is terribly dangerous. It's more like playing with tiny little kittens that all fit into the palms of your hands as they mew and purr and look at you with giant kitten eyes...

Faith said...

That's true. If I think about Charlie the unicorn, I guess I should rethink the whole playing with unicorn thing. I might wind up with organs missing!

Ok, I want it to be like an awesome nap. That's all. Just a simple, wonderful nap. DONE. :D

GB, RN said...

With the exception you are going to be pretty gassy for the rest of the day. But then, I don't know if you are a gassy person now. If so, it could be just an average day with a big nap.

drawer queen said...

I didn't have one, but have taken my husband to several and they seem to be NBD. He goes in, comes out, wakes up and remembers absolutely nothing. I drive him home and he is all good a few hours later.

THe bad part is the fasting and drinking the preparation shit the night before. Good luck with that!