Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today is the day I lose 5 pounds *magically*

(Except, not so much with the magic...)

(And knowing me? I probably will somehow GAIN 4 pounds instead. ::sigh::)

Tomorrow is my colonoscopy.

So today, I was allowed to start off my day with a light breakfast (I ate the delivery meal that came today...so 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 2 small healthy mini-muffins, and 1 "deviled" egg), but the rest of the day is just clear liquid things. I'm drinking an iced tea. My lunch and dinner will be broth and jello - carefully chosen so as to not include any red or blue dye in any way, so only the apricot and the generic orange versions will work, it seems!

And then at 3 p.m., I get to begin the fun cycle that includes a hellofalot of laxatives.

I'm so looking forward to the aftermath of THAT.

It's 9:30 a.m., and I already cannot stop thinking of food. This is usually a snack time for me, and even though I asked Leo to please make me jello last night while I was at the hairdressers making myself pretty (for HIM, dammit!) (ok, not really...for me. All for me. If he likes it, too? That's nice.), and he didn't realize that I had asked him to make me jello, so...no jello. He's making it this morning while I'm at work. And I bet he'll make my broth for lunch taste yummy and fabulous and absolutely full of flavor and all that good stuff!

So I suppose I'll forgive him. ;)

Anyway, I'm trying to not think of food. I think I'll head out to Google to find images of spiders eating bugs, and stuff like that. Maybe that'll do the trick. Wish me luck!