Monday, November 21, 2011

Ah, the plague! What *great* timing.

I have a flu bug, or e.coli, or some such shit right now. Came down with it late Saturday, thought it was just a fun IBS reaction to the salad I ate at lunch, and felt better later. But then Sunday, it hit me like a truck, and took me down while grocery shopping with Leo. I mean, not literally...I was just very, very ill-feeling all of a sudden, and wanted to go home.

Off and on I'm getting lovely waves of overwhelming nausea. But then they go away. And I get hungry. So I eat a meal, and then BAM. The plague sets in again.

I'm at work...I don't have a fever, and I've stopped myself up with enough pepto bismol that I'm comfortable enough being here. I'm not throwing up. I'm just headachey and super-tired, and right now I'm nauseous again.

Of course this had to happen the week we're getting 7 people in town for a visit. OF FUCKING COURSE.

It had better be gone by tomorrow, dammit. Or I'm gonna be pissed.

2 comments:

Masorti said...

you have rotovirus. It hit our family pretty hard too

faithstwin said...

Masorti, that is something that rarely affects adults- it is a child's 'disease'. Since my Twin is rarely around children, I highly doubt she has anything more than a gastrointestinal upset, probably brought on by the stress of the pending in-law visit.