Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Entitlement Age

Don't you love it when you have a young guest in your house that decides that you need to have a new search browser added to your computer system, and just adds it without asking permission?

And then they try telling you that it's a better search engine because it protects better than IE from viruses and stuff...?

But then you get a text from your brother the day after the guest fucked with your shit telling you that your email account was hacked?

That's always fun.

6 comments:

faithstwin said...

My life seems easier and easier comparatively every day. =)

Faith said...

Hmm...except I can't remember the last time I had to take a kid to urgent care for anything.

Oh wait! Yeah, that would be NEVER! Hahahaha! :P

Nuke said...

I have a strict "guests don't use the fuckin computer" policy. If they bring their own PC/tablet/phone I MAY connect it to my network. If they need to check movie times or get directions I do it for them. Anything else, fuck off.

faithstwin said...

Low blow! How did we know that something everyone does on occasion would cause a spiral fracture?

I would agree to that, Nuke. We had a strict 'no downloading ANYTHING' rule in our Dad's house (my brother was so sick of that pc breaking down after every visit from some of us) and if anyone comes here it's the same thing.

Faith said...

It just seems like such an easy thing to figure out, though! You're a visitor in someone's house. You do not own their things. Therefore, you do not make unsolicited changes to their things.

Oh well...maybe I should be happy that he didn't get a bug up his ass about the location of the oven and the dishwasher, and try to switch them around, eh?

faithstwin said...

That would be WAAYYY funnier [for me] if he did.