Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ooooohhh...well, that makes sense, then.

It was a gallbladder attack, I'm almost 100% sure now. My symptoms fit it all pretty well. The fact that I thought I was better yesterday, and then got taken down by the meanest, nastiest stomach ache (that crawled up into my right chest area) after simply eating a turkey sandwich for lunch was my biggest clue. But then I read about how a symptom of an attack is a headache, focused on the right side of the face? I had that, too!

Anyway, I don't think I had the flu, after all. And so far today [looks around stealthily for hidden evil waiting to attack] I'm doing all right. I went to my acupuncture appointment last night, and my doctor said that my esophogus, gallbladder, and lower intestine were all in a bad place, and he attended to them with his needles. He also gave me some physical therapy-type "homework" that I can do, and which I have been doing. And I felt tremendously better within an hour of the appointment ending.

Such amazing stuff!

So. Today, I will be leaving work early, and heading to the salon for a little mani/pedi action, and a blow out so I can be as pretty as possible for my in-laws that all arrive later today. And I'll eat sushi for lunch, and be careful about what I eat for dinner, and hopefully, my stomach will be full recovered by tomorrow.

I want mashed potatoes, dammit!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm personally thankful that the evil, horrid putridness in my stomach seems to have abated for the time being, but I really hope you all are thankful for way better stuff than that this week! :D

2 comments:

emawkc said...

I had my gallbladder removed a couple of months ago after putting up with 5 months of it's douchiness (and the accompanying SEVERE stomach aches).

My last gallbladder attack was so bad that I stopped taking any chances with what I ate. I lost about 8 pounds in a week and a half.

Faith said...

Yeah, I have been getting help from my acupuncturist/chiropractor since last week. I'm positive he's the one that made my Thanksgiving go as smoothly as it did!

Yesterday, he sold me on a powder they sell that will help to clean out my gut. He swears it's been a lifesaver to him (he has intestinal issues as well). So we'll see. In the meantime, I'm avoiding uncooked roughage (so no salads! Booo...), and eating mostly bland carbs. So far, so good. ::crossing fingers!::