Thursday, December 15, 2011

BRING OUTCHER DEAD!...I'm not dead!

I think my acupuncturist/chiropractor might be a peddler of magical potions. Dude has helped to fix my gallbladder issues, and also gave me some immune system support stuff when I saw him on Monday that has totally turned my cold on it's head. Yesterday, I felt a gazillion percent better than I did Tuesday. By last night, my voice was almost back to normal, even.

I love alternative therapies!

Anyway, the plague didn't keep me down for long. I still have a bit of a phlegm issue, but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm free of meds today, too. Woohoo!

And here we are at the almost end of the week. Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? Because I haven't! And things that I've ordered are on backorder even though they didn't say anything about being on backorder when I ordered them, and I think that is a sneaky, sneaky trick that isn't really fair to do to people around this time of year, you know? Anyway, I have a few more things to buy, so I need to step up my game, dammit! Leo and I are having a low key Christmas this year, because the house pretty much is sucking our savings account to a dryer level than I prefer, and I'd rather have a few little presents to exchange, and then one big awesome dinner than anything else. It's been hard for him to control himself apparently.

Whereas I have a hard time even coming up with ideas for gifts for him. I suck at this.

Anyway, happy Thursday. Hopefully you've successfully avoided the plague, and have an easier time of buying gifts for your loved ones than I do. :)

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

I went and got some echinacea (the ones with goldenseal are nowhere to be found- so I figured I'd at least give myself the echinacea) to try to protect myself from the cold oldest has. I feel a wee bit more congested than normal but, dammit, I'll stay on the drugs until February in order to keep the shit from taking over my body! I also am cutting out most of my carbs and extra sugars as my trainer made a good point: the virus feeds off excess sugar in your body giving it more fuel for staying power. I don't know if she's talking a bunch of hooey, but it can't hurt to cut it out for a bit.

I have to buy a car in January. Talk about expenses!

Faith said...

So I guess it doesn't help that I'm the "candy dealer" in my office, eh? :/

I don't envy your car purchase. But it will be a good thing in the long run!!!