Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Waiting for the Sudafed to kick in...

It's quasi-meth day here in Faith's head! I woke up with a cold this morning - lovely - so I'm on drugs, and walking through the world in a zigzag patterned haze. (It's not my fault. I'm kinda dizzy. It's making things a little off-kilter is all.)

But I don't know if the cold is worse to wake up to than what Leo woke up to. I heard him stirring in bed after I finished drying my hair. And then I heard him open the door to the bedroom on his way to the living room, and I tried to catch him in time...

Me: "Don't freak out!"

Leo, almost simultaneously: "Aw, shit."

I woke up to let the dogs out at 5 a.m. So I was already aware of the snow that started falling in the early morning hours. Leo hates snow. So I wish I'd had time to soften the blow for him before he stepped out of the dark cocoon of our master bedroom into the bright living room and saw the blanket of white outside. But oh well. He's a big boy. He can handle it!

Now to see if my body can handle this cold I've somehow caught. I'm thinking a muffin from the deli downstairs might be helpful...

4 comments:

faithstwin said...

I can totally see that interaction going on between you two- and I can picture Leo's 'Aw, shit' as if he were standing in front of me saying it.

Why does he hate the snow so? Does he not like the world being blanketed in a white, pristine, pure color? Does he hate purity? Is he the devil's spawn?

Maybe we should try and do an exorcism on him while we are in New Orleans. There's a lot of voodoo witchdoctors who can help.

Faith said...

That might be an idea, Twin!

Lyn, in case you're reading this, we're planning a trip to NO in early summer this year. June-ish. Come with! :D

faithstwin said...

On facebook, your hubby denies being the spawn of the dark side. He claims it's the SNOW. He is definitely in deep.

Faith said...

Hahahaha! It wasn't even a BAD snow. We got, like, 3/4 of an inch. It's already gone from the roadways this afternoon.

He's such a goob. :D