Monday, January 23, 2012

Ok, this week is better. So far. ::glances warily at rest of week::

Since this week isn't kicking off with a sudden snowstorm trapping me (and the Twin and stuff) in a small-ish airport with a bunch of strangers, it's already an improvement on last week.

Leo is sick, though. He was sick all weekend, actually, which meant we spent a lot of time watching basketball and football in our cozy basement, so maybe my Monday is all relative at this point. Not sure.

And we even had a fire evac in our building this morning (there was smoke in one of our lab locations downstairs, so we had to call in the sexay, sexay fire team from down the street and get everyone out for a bit...), and it STILL is a pretty darned good day.

That said, it might be that my whole switch to a Primal Blueprint way of life is already effecting my mood, and shit. Saturday, while Leo huddled under a blanket and watched TV, I went to the gym, washed the dishes, and did two loads of laundry (washed, dried, AND folded). I took little breaks here and there, checking to make sure he wasn't dead, and watching bits of games myself. But for the most part, I was moving around from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m., when I finally gave up for the day and we watched a few episodes of season one of Walking Dead. (So. gross. But still so good!) Sunday was a little more lazy, but then I went grocery shopping, and came home to prep veggie snacks for the week, clean out the fridge a bit, and boil some eggs for snacks/meals. So I still got a fair amount of stuff done.

If anyone is interested, I'm already gung ho about recommending this lifestyle. I've been working my way over to it (slowly at times, 100% at others...) for the past 3 weeks, and I feel fab. You can visit Mark's Daily Apple for more info. Here's the link to his "Primal Blueprint 101" where you can get all kinds of info about the ins and outs of how to live Primal.

I've lost 4 pounds thus far. And while weight loss is somewhat important to me, overall, the bigger deal is that I haven't had any problems with my gallbladder lately. My level of hunger is much more manageable than it's ever been before. I'm looking forward to more benefits from the lifestyle over time, like with my stress levels and stuff. But for the time being, I feel really great about my decision to switch over to it.

I'll be updating on this from time to time, but it won't be overwhelmingly present out here. Just let me know if you have any questions, and I'm happy to answer them as best I can for the time being...

No comments: