Monday, February 20, 2012

Silly people, in ALL walks of life.

Friday night, Leo and I caught a small portion of the Laker game that was on, and I couldn't help but notice that Ron Artest was, for some reason, wearing a jersey that had the words "World Peace" on it.

And then the announcers were referring to him as World Peace, and I was all, the FUCK? O_o

So I pulled up the Wikipedia page about it, and saw that the dude had, indeed, changed his name to Metta World Peace sometime in September. He did it, he said, because he was inspired by Ochocinco doing the same thing.

But, um...that was six years ago.

And also? He's changing his name back to Chad Johnson now. Hahahahahahahaha! Nice timing, eh, Artest?

These men are all silly. Artest said that changing his name was meant to inspire young people all around the world and bring them together.

Hoooowwwww?

Also, I know I'm not one of the young people, but still...all it did was inspire me to giggle every time the announcers were talking about him while he was on the court. Just sayin'.

I love sports. I do. But some of the people involved in that world are just wacky.

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

Yeah, he did that so long ago- I can't believe you didn't know. He started out Dancing With The Stars as Ron and by the 3rd show they were referring to him as Meta... Tom Burgeron had SUCH a hard time keeping a straight face.

Faith said...

I don't know what happened...I've been watching games all season, and I swear, Friday night was the first time I saw him/heard them talking about him on the court! Was he hurt, maybe? Weird.

Oh well...still fuckin' funny! :D