Friday, February 03, 2012

This one is all about me. DUH. ;)

I made it through the week! It was a pretty mild one, overall. People have been much more jovial and silly at work, which makes the day go by faster I think.

Also, I think I finally pulled through the initial stage of whatever it is I do to myself when I cut back on my propranolol for my cluster headaches. I get a little achey in the head toward the end of the workday, still, but the fuzziness has worn off, and I've tapered down on the amount of Advil I need to take, too. So I'm down to just 80 mgs per day (of propranolol), instead of 160 mgs at this point. WOOHOO!

Another update on my Primal Blueprint lifestyle, now. I'm still a fatty. I'm back up to 214 pounds. I haven't lost any dress sizes at all.

BUT...

...I feel fucking fabulous.

Aside from a once per week craving for something like a muffin or a pizza slice, I have no complaints at all about eating the way that we do. (Leo jumped on board last week.) I rarely get hungry between meals. My energy level is more consistent throughout the day. My stomach isn't unhappy at all.

It's hard to stay motivated when I look at the whole thing from a weight loss perspective. But when I look at it from a "how I'm feelin'" perspective, the motivation to keep up with it is absolute.

I've read in a couple of different places that it can take some time for a body to adjust to the new food combos that are being presented to it, so maybe that's what's happening with me. Also, I need to cut back on dairy (no more cheese for a while, I think. But we'll still use clarified butter in cooking...), and stay the fuck away from nuts. When I start eating nuts, I have a hard time stopping! We'll see if those changes help anything along at all.

Also, I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor about when we can go through with changing my birth control over from pill form to IUD form. I'm really hoping that the change in hormone level/delivery will make a big difference, too. ::crossing fingers::

Anyway, I'll keep updating from time to time about it all. But in the meantime, if you have any questions about it, feel free to ask!

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: