Monday, March 05, 2012

This is what happens when I'm this sick.

I have the plague. It was just in my chest last week, and as the results of coughing at all were (a) pain, (b) a truly disgusting flavor in my mouth that made me wonder if I was blacking out and sucking on rusty fences in my downtime, and (c) more pain, in the form of headaches, I went to the doctor on Friday to see if it was treatable, or if I just had to deal with it. Thanks to the rusty fence flavor, she knew it was an infection in my lungs. So antibiotics were prescribed. But she said I was no longer contagious, so I could head on in to the office without worrying about exposing anyone else.

I haven't had any alcohol in around 5 days. I've been taking my antibiotics, and getting lots of rest and clear fluids. And my body thanked me for my diligence by going ahead and adding a lovely sinus issue to the chest problem. All weekend, I kept waking up from dreams where sleestaks were apparently waiting in the wings for their appearance, only to find that the sleestaks were in my nasal cavities. The constant rattling of...whatever the fuck is in there? So. obnoxious.

And it also makes it hard to sleep.

So I'm not much in the mood to write about the stuff I had planned to write about. Thinking is too hard right now. So instead, here's what I do all day long, in between requisite work stuffs...

Have you heard of the Decorah Eagles? That there is a link to the webcam that's on their nest 24/7. I got turned on to them by a coworker friend last year, right when their eggs had started hatching. Then we watched as the baby eagles grew. And then the nest was back down to just mom and dad after a few months, and we stopped watching. They have 3 eggs again this year! Should be hatching in about a month, I think.

Don't make fun of me, dammit. It's oddly captivating to watch those birds. That's all I'm sayin'.

I've also been keeping up on the Rush Limbaugh debacle, following up on all the terrifying tornado news that's coming in from over the weekend/last week, and trying to ignore any and all headlines that involve the name "Snookie".

I have hopes that my body is on the mend. It's never a good thing when I get winded just walking from my closet to the laundry room at the other end of the house with my basket of laundry.

No comments: