Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Old news...my mover from last year is STILL able to raise my blood pressure!

Last week, a coworker and I were talking about our favorite Jimmy Stewart films. He's partial to It's A Wonderful Life. I told him that if we're talking movies where Jimmy was the star, then my favorite has to be Mr Smith Goes To Washington. But I love him in The Philadelphia Story as a balance to the Hepburn character. He told me he hadn't seen it, so I told him I have a copy I can lend him.

That night, I checked through my DVD collection to pick out the movie to take to work with me on Monday. But it wasn't there.

In fact, all of my favorite old movies weren't on the shelf. Correction: there are exactly two of my favorite old movies on the shelf...Roman Holiday, and Casablanca.

Every one of my old movies outside of those are GONE. (The Philadelphia Story, Charade, Breakfast At Tiffany's, Funny Face, Bringing Up Baby, The Maltese Falcon, etc, etc...) They must've been in one of the boxes that were lost forever, thanks to the incompetence of our mover, Joab.

It still gets me fired up to think about it. Which is so stupid, I know, but dammit...that guy just chaps my hide!

I need therapy...

No comments: