Friday, April 20, 2012

Shit. I'm not going to be able to carry it like Ashley Judd can. :(

I wound up going to the health clinic today for help. I've been getting pain in my chest like I did the last time I got sick like this back in March. That time, I wound up having such bad pain, I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. I wasn't at that point yet, this time, but I have no patience for the chest pain (and it also freaks me out a lil bit), so I figured going to the doctor sooner rather than later was the best plan.

I have that bacterial infection in my lungs again.

I also have infected shit in my sinuses.

And an ear infection, to boot! (Which is weird to me...I'm thirty-goddam-eight! I shouldn't be getting ear infections anymore, right???)

So they prescribed antibiotics AND a steroid. I don't know what the combo of those two things do that the one antibiotic can't do on its own, but there must be a reason for it. I also have to start using a nasal spray to help me with my allergies, because that's what's causing me to get sick so often, apparently.

I didn't know I was having a problem with allergies, but ok!

Anyway, life is boring around here for the time being. I can't go to the gym, and I have barely been able to get out to work, so I have no stories. Nothing fun is happening with me.

Maybe next week.

I might take comparison pics from before I take the steroids, and after I take them, so we can laugh at how puffy I get.

Or I can cross my fingers and hope that the puffiness doesn't happen...is that even possible? I dunno.

Anyway...happy Friday. Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Fluffycat said...

I always wonder about how the steroids they prescribe compare to the gym ones. Too bad you aren't feeling up to being at the gym, it would be cool to see if you put on a ton of muscle or something.

Faith said...

Hahahaha! Well, I only have to take them for a week, so I have that to consider.

But I plan on getting back to the gym by Sunday, so we'll have to see what happens! ;)

faithstwin said...

I like Ashley Judd. She's purty.

Nuke said...

Chest pain is scary shit. Hope all the drugs help you out. Certainly a little temporary puffiness is a small price to pay.

On an unrelated note, we're you in Independence yesterday? Saw a woman who looked just like, non puffy, you. Opened my mouth to say ome thing and realized she had 2 kids and a guy I didn't THINK was Leo with her so I zipped it.

Faith said...

Chest pain IS scary shit. The last time it happened, it was so, sooo bad. I thought we were going to have to call 911! Thsi time around, I knew what it was, and I'm glad it didn't get as bad so quickly. Infections in the lungs are no fun, dammit!

And no, we weren't in Independence. I didn't leave the house all weekend after my doc appointment on Friday!