Thursday, May 24, 2012

This is mostly for XO. But other people might like it, too.

The dude who created/writes The Oatmeal has created a new website called Bearfood. Bearfood is a pretty simple concept, and kind of an awesome thing for people like me who need entertainment in various forms throughout the day, but doesn't always know where to look for it. Basically, there are a shit ton of links offered by random folks, and they're kept in a big "queue" for people to go look at them on, and then vote whether they like them. Or don't like them...I have a couple that I need to give the thumbs down on, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I just found a link through that queue that I thought might be interesting to at least one of my friends, if not more. So here ya go: How big is the sun?

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronomer. And then I realized how much math and science would be involved, and I gave up that dream right quick, but it didn't change the fact that I fucking LOVE the universe and all the things that are in it. (Except people. Sometimes people piss me off, and I wish they would just stop it.) Seeing the display on that website of the planets/stars and their relative sizes? Absolutely fascinating to me.

Now, excuse me while I go spend hours upon hours of visiting different links and voting on them. It's Thursday. A traditionally quiet day in the office. So no worries...I got the time.

5 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

That's very interesting, because I used many of those same images in a very similar blog post 6 years ago. http://hipsubwg.blogspot.com/2006/11/perspective.html

Faith said...

Aw, man! I thought I was showing you something pretty nifty. Damn.

That's not a blog that those photos are on, though. Not from what I can see. Looks like some sort of scientific site, in my uneducated eye. I'm sure they didn't rip off your post, or anything. ;)

Xavier Onassis said...

I imagine I was probably the one that ripped them off. LOL! The fact that I already knew about it does not make it any less nifty or mind boggling.

faithstwin said...

You know me and outer space/the universe/planets...one of those things on my list of Top 10 Things I Really Do Not Care About. But the website sounds interesting, and I know Oldest would probably love to see that.

Now that all my tv shows have gone on hiatus (or have ben canceled- effing Fox and NBC) I have time at night to look at stuff.

decks canada said...

That's very interesting.....