Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where do they hold the Met Ball, anyway? It must be ENOOORRRMOUS.

I've been reading all week over at the FUG girls to see all the fun dresses and awesome and/or stupid hairstyle choices that the Met Ball attendees sported on Monday night in New York.

And at this point, I have to wonder why I wasn't invited and just how big of a venue do they procure for such an event? Because it seems like the ENTIRE WORLD must go to that thing. Seriously, it's a never-ending amount of material for the FUG girls to update with! Which has been awesome for me, of course, because I love looking at fun ball-type dresses and making fun of/ogling them.

My favorite so far is Dakota Fanning's dress.

But I also LOVED this dress/pose from Karolina Kurkova. I want to walk around like that all the time now. At the grocery store, I'd just stop in front of the apples and pose, and consider my options. Or at work, I would arrive at a meeting, and stand behind a chair and pose and survey the room while the meeting took place.

Anyone know where I can get a good sparkly turban thing of my own? I totally don't have one, and I'm gonna need it to pull that look off, I think.

7 comments:

faithstwin said...

It's held at the Met in New York City. (Metropolitan Museum of Art, you know...) And it is huge.

I will *make* you a sparkly turban thingy and bring it with me when I visit. =D But you will HAVE to wear it. If you do not wear it, all the magic will be wasted.

In fact, I have an idea: we need to go to NYC- I will wear a fancy dress and a plain ponytail and you can wear totally casz jeans with your sparkly turban and we will go to the Met and pose all over the fucking place. It'll be awesome.

faithstwin said...

(pssst: I think that sparkly thingy is actually just a really wide headband. MUCH easier to make, really.)

Faith said...

The FUG girls said it was a turban, though. It looked like a turban in the one photo...

Do you have another photo that shows it as being more headband-ish? Because I wanna see!

faithstwin said...

Nope- that photo *was* the one I was using- it looked like her hair was coming out behind her somehow, but after finding it online I see that it is, indeed, some sort of stretchy turban. Is it really a 'turban' if it down't technically wrap? It certainly doesn't look like it wraps- it looks like a really cool swim cap. http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Karolina+Kurkova/DQ3VZfm1N8e

Faith said...

Can you imagine how awesome it would be to not have to deal with the bad hair days??? I could use a turban today, in fact. :/

Faith said...

Aaaaand, after looking closer at all the pictures available via that link you gave, it is, indeed, a big ol' shiny headband. Her hair is in a bun of some sort, and then she has that thing on. YAS! I have shiny headbands!!! I can do that, yo!

Faith said...

Um, YES. Not YAS. WTF?