Monday, June 18, 2012

It's to the point where I think about it almost every minute that I'm awake.

My facial twitch has reached a level that is making me desperate.

I was hopeful that continued acupuncture and chiropractic care would help it go away, but that doesn't appear to be the case. It's been over a year now, and while my back feels GREAT, my face still twitches all. the. time.

ALL THE TIME.

I'm self-conscious about it when I'm in meetings. Or when I'm at the grocery store and have to interact with strangers. Or when I'm hanging out with Leo.

I looked up "uncontrollable facial twitch" on Google the other day, and found a website that suggests that some combo of a bunch of herbs and vitamins might help, but then at the bottom it gave me the opportunity to buy a handy dandy solution that happens to have a combo of all those herbs and vitamins for the low, low price of $45 per bottle (should last about 30 days! YAY.), and it automatically made me question how trustworthy that info might be.

I can see why people would buy it. I'm ready to try anything at this point to make this go away. I think I might have to do botox. But would I rather try a homeopathic remedy first, before I go with the whole injection of botox into an area right next to my fucking EYEBALL? Or have I given the whole alternative medicine thing a fair whack with my acupuncture attempts? (Which, to be fair, the acupuncture really worked rather well whenever I had a hangover. Or when I needed particular help with my IBS before I went primal/gave up gluten.)

All I know is that I need to find a solution SOON. I'm absolutely at my wit's end with it right now!

In the meantime, if you ever meet me, and I'm winking at you like you'd expect a crazy person might do, just know that I'm not 100% crazy. Not yet. Getting there, though! GOOD GOD, FACE, STOP FUCKING TWITCHING!!!

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

I'm so sorry, dude. I didn't notice it when you were here. But then I didn't spend a lot of time sitting looking into your eyes...

Botox. Just TRY it. I'm sure it would be worth it if the twitch is causing you so much anxiety. *raising eyebrow* Seriously.

Faith said...

I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow. I'm not supposed to see him again until September (to get the updated script for propranolol), but I told the lady I just cannot stand it anymore, and I need suggestions/meds/referals/ANYTHING that can help!!!