Friday, June 15, 2012

My brain is working slowly this week, when I'm awake. When I'm asleep, HOLY JEEZBALLS the dreams are effed up.

It took me a couple of days to remember that when my internet is acting weird, and I can't access my blog dashboard from my main blog page, I need to go to blogger.com and do it that way.

Hence the slow week in posting.

My brain decided to take a break this week, is all I can figure. Not that I blame it for doing so.

The Twin asked me yesterday if Leo and I are going to be watching this dude walking on a tightrope across Niagara Falls tonight on ABC. No. No we are not.

See, it's not 1936 anymore. We have different forms of entertainment to fall back on these days, like season 2 of Treme from Netflix, or painting our fingernails a pretty color.

I understand that the guy comes from a long line of daredevils, performers, and general "look at me!" types of people. I get that. I just don't know why his attempt is being covered by ABC as if he's a dude walking through a portal that leads to a new colony on Mars (i.e. something that would be interesting to a large number of people, I'd imagine), when really he's just a dude doing something really questionable and quite stupid like walking on a rope suspended above a raging waterfall from one country into another (i.e. something that is likely interesting to anyone who is about 80 years old and their only other option for entertainment is rearranging the sock drawer again).

I'm biased, though, I guess. Because my idea of fun doesn't involve daredevil activity of any kind. Not even close. I have no longing to jump out of a plane, ever. Or to go parasailing. Or to even get on a fucking rollercoaster. So maybe it's just that I don't understand what makes someone want to do shit like this that leaves me feeling so "meh" about it all.

Anyway, this weekend will consist of pedicures, lying by the pool, and drinking beer at my current favorite bar. Hopefully, you all have something equally exciting planned for your own Saturday and Sunday. Be careful! Don't look down...I've heard that helps, sometimes.

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

Our Twin spidey senses must be in synch again... I totally posted on FB about the tightrope crap. I NEVER post on FB, and this stupidity prompted me to do just that.