Wednesday, July 18, 2012

UPDATED: What the hell do these things mean?

Guys, I've been stuck behind these minisuvees lately that have these random stickers on them that I simply do NOT understand. The Honda came first. I saw the "I [heart] 26.3" on it, and then the 13.1 one on the other side when I was stuck behind them at a signal on Monday night, and I was trying to work it out, but came up with nothing. So I snapped a pic to ask about it out here.


And THEN I was behind this Lexus last night, and saw a similar sticker that says 26.2 on it...

The fuck, people? Someone please tell me what the hell these stickers are so I can judge the people that have them more effectively? THANKS IN ADVANCE! (Oh, and if you have a sticker like this, and think you're all cool for communicating with other sticker club members on the road, just know that I'm judging you. I'm trying to give up judging people so much lately, but when it comes to stickers on cars, I can't help it. It's genetic. I judge the HELL out of people who put stickers on cars, especially when they MAKE NO SENSE to anyone in the general public.)

Update: Ok, I've been told what the stickers mean. And I feel like an idiot, because I totally thought the one sticker on the Honda said "I [heart] 26.3" when it actually says "I [heart] 26.2" on it. Which, of course, makes sense. (Even if I do still have a hard time understanding why anyone would love running that much, unless it's because they're running for their lives from a bear, and they win in the end by surviving. But, whatever floats your boat!) So this whole post was kind of idiotic, because I probably could have eventually worked that all out on my own.

Or maybe not. I mean, if THIS confused me, who knows what kind of state my brain is in these days! Maybe the propranolol is turning it to mush. That would suck, wouldn't it?

7 comments:

Christy said...

26.2 = marathon
13.1 = half marathon
I (heart) 26.3 = possibly psycho?

Faith said...

Yeah, the marathon thing popped in my mind, but isn't that 26.4 miles??? Off to google!

(And if it IS a marathon, then I agree with your assessment of the hearting 26.3 one! Hahahaha!)

Christy said...

Marathons are 26.2 miles of pure insanity.

Faith said...

Ok, the googling might've helped, and it might not have helped.

One page tells me that a marathon is 26 miles and 300-some yards. So the "26.3" would make sense.

But then another page tells me that it's straight up 26.2 miles. Which might make MORE sense because I don't know how many yards are in a mile, and so is 26 miles and 300-some yards more succinctly noted as "26.3" or "26.2"???

Regardless, I'm gonna go with it being a running thing. Unless someone tells me otherwise...

Christy said...

Sounds like a plan. :)

faithstwin said...

My neighbors- whom I love!- have those on the back of their truck. One of 'em did the half marathon and the other did the full. Can't remember which but I hope when I am in my 50's I want to do shit like that. I won't actually do it (ewww, all those people around me, sweating and shit and all crowding me? Heyelll no!) but I want to be in good enough shape that I can say, "Hey, I could do a half marathon if I wanted..."

But Maybe That's Just Me... said...

The official distance of a marathon is 26.2 miles. There are plenty of 26.2 stickers, but you will also see some 26.3 stickers around Boston. A lot of runners go to the Boston Bodyworker for sports massages, and they are 1/10th of a mile past the finish line of the Boston Bodyworker (hence 26.3).

http://26pt3.com/