Friday, August 03, 2012

Stand by my principle? Or keep the damned boots???

I saw a pair of boots in a photo in Vogue magazine a few months back that made me want a pair with a passion. I looked them up, though, and the person in the photo must've had them for a long time, as they weren't a current item available for sale anywhere.

So ever since then, I've been kind of casually just looking for something similar that would strike me the same way.

I found a pair of Rag & Bone "moto" boots on Nordstrom's website last month, and kept them in the back of my mind as an option because, while they weren't quite the same, they were close. But they were also pretty fucking expensive, and I wanted to keep looking for something that might fit the boot style I had been looking for a bit better.

Last week, I gave up. I had fallen in love with the Rag & Bone boots, and it was time to admit defeat! I ordered them in the 38EU size, in black, and waited patiently for them to arrive so I could properly asess their coolness level when they were on my feet.

Yeah, they sent me BROWN ones. Not black.

So, the thing is, they're still pretty fucking cool boots. But I wanted BLACK. I wear more black than anything else. I was picturing myself wearing the black boots with my black dresses, and my gray skirts, and my leggings, and feeling super-cool in my mind all the time with the imaginings.

So now with the brown ones...can I wear them with as many things? Not really.

So I sent the customer service people a note, telling them that I'd obviously ordered black boots, and had been sent brown ones instead, and while I really still like the boots, I would prefer the black ones please. Do they exist ANYWHERE at all???

And if they don't, I will consider keeping the brown ones, but would think it fair to ask for a 25% discount on the purchase price, since they aren't what I requested/paid for in the first place.

They wrote me back and said they were sorry, and that the black boots are all out of stock, and unfortunately, no...they cannot offer me a discount.

I should return the boots. I know I should. But DAMMIT! Dammit, dammit, daaaammmiiiit. I can't believe they made me fall in love with those fucking black awesome boots, and then just ripped them out from under me like that. ::sigh::

First world problems, yo. I know. Believe me, I KNOW.

3 comments:

Fluffycat said...

Ooh I'd keep them and then see if they could send me a pair of black ones later when they are back in stock. Good boots are hard to come by.

Nuke said...

Send em back. I looked them up, if what I found on the Nordstrom site was indicative, there are lots of boots in that cut/style out there.

In my "heavy metal" phase I ordered a pair of boots from https://stompersboots.com/ that I loved. The site has tons of styles tho if straps & buckles to the knee with silver skulls isn't your thing.

faithstwin said...

PRINCIPLES! (Then again I am still driving the car I wanted to get rid of due to our family friend's death last year and now the news is even worse as GM has signed on and paid over $500m to support Manchester United via their Chevy brand: W. T. F.?!)

Oh, and I hate boots... o_O