Monday, October 29, 2012

Champagne: it's what's for breakfast.

Leo and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary over the weekend.

FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

I honestly have a hard time understanding how I finally managed to find someone who is willing to share a relatively small space in this life with me for so long. And who seems to continue to want to!

But then I ask him something like, "How did you manage to get the TV to work?" Because we have a troublesome TV/cable box in our living room. And he responds by pointing at his crotch and saying simply, "I used my penis." To which I respond, "Oh yes...I forgot about your magical penis powers."

And then I chuckle about it for the next 10 minutes because dude didn't even hesitate to answer with the penis option. It just was his automatic go-to.

::sigh:: I love that man!

We went out to dinner to celebrate, and then on Sunday, I decided we should have mimosas and pizza while we watched football. And so it was done...
Keeping the celebration rolling!

5 years seems like such a solid chunk of time. So much has happened in that time. So much has changed.
And yet it still seems like such an impossibly short period of time.

Regardless, we are still going strong. And I count my blessings every day. Thank you, Universe, for sending me such a perfect partner for my life. I'll be forever grateful!

3 comments:

Jessica Acosta said...

Sweet blog! I notimated you with an blogger award on my blog! Click 'here' to check it out! I hope you like it! You may also notimate up to 7 bloggers (or an many as you like). Have a great one!

faithstwin said...

What? No mimosa in the winesteins?! sheesh.

Janet said...

Happy happy anniversary!!!!