Friday, January 11, 2013

Tea bagging, anyone?

I've honestly been trying to update all week, but I want to share pictures, and for some reason, Blogger isn't in the mood to upload my photos from my computer, so it hasn't been working out.

Which is FINE. I guess I'll just have to use words instead. ::sigh::

This week has been boring, aside from me having one of my "I'm FAT!" breakdowns all week long. I wound up seeing some commercials for Medifast, decided to look it up online, felt it might be the best way for me to get control on my weight at this point in my life, and ordered a 2 week supply of their food to give it a try. I'll be starting it next week, it looks like. I'll keep you all posted on the progress, if any.

The only thing that's been a true bother outside of the FAT lately has been obtaining prescriptions with our new medical plan that I have through work. I've been with Walgreens for years now, and we switched to a CVS program at the first of the year...which is fine, I'm sure. But I chose to move my scripts to a CVS that's closest to my house, and where they apparently employ folks that were in the bottom percentile of their classes in whatever capacity it was that they studied their pharm skills.

I initially attempted to fill the script at my old pharmacy, because the customer service dude I spoke to at the new benefit company told me that wouldn't be a problem. Except it was. For various reasons. And it took around 3 different phone calls to different people to figure out why, and what to do about it.

And then I had to call the new pharmacy I needed them to be moved to in order to get them to call the old pharmacy to get the info on the scripts, and they needed my insurance card, but we haven't received the permanent ones yet, so I told them I only had a temp card, and they asked me to bring it in, and so I told them I could do so on the way home from work...

I went in, and got lucky...no line yet. One built up behind me, though, while I was waiting to be helped, and while I waited for the pharm tech to get my prescriptions. She took my temporary benefits card over to what I would imagine was the pharmacy manager, or something, and then she came back and said, "Ok, we can get those prescriptions filled for you...we'll call you're name when they're ready!" And I said, "Why aren't they ready now? I was told that I could pick them up at 5, on my way home from work!" She told me that it would only be about 15 or 20 minutes. I said, "No thanks. I'll come in tomorrow." I was huffy, not gonna lie. The line behind me was 8 people deep by then. And I was sure as hell not going to wander around the fucking CVS for another 20 minutes while they filled my fucking Rx that they should have already filled earlier in the day. Fucking fuckers...

So on Saturday, it wound up being a much lazier day than expected, and I didn't wind up getting to the pharmacy until Sunday. At which point they told me that my one Rx (my propranolol) wasn't ready. Because they didn't have enough to fill my prescription.

::head explodes::

I asked why no one had CALLED ME to let me know about the issue? I'd already been sparsing out the remaining pills because of all the trouble I was having with the insurance card and getting the Rx's filled at my old pharmacy, and so I was feeling a little on edge. Which is what will happen when you back off on your usual amount of propranolol.

The pharm tech said they had called me Friday and left me a message. "No one called me. I received no message," I said. She looked at her computer and said, "Oh, yes. Sorry, we had an invalid number for you. So we couldn't get in touch with you."

Are you fucking KIDDING ME? "Ok, so why did you not contact the pharmacy that I transferred from, and maybe get my number from them?" She didn't answer. She just asked me if I had another CVS that I wanted her to check for the prescription instead. We checked a couple, found one that had it, and I left that store FOREVAH.

The other pharmacy that had my propranolol was much more on the ball. And much nicer to work with. And seemed smarter by many, many degrees. So I'll just work with them from now on when it comes to my prescriptions.

Leo is having a lot of issues getting his prescriptions filled now, too.

New insurance, basically, is a PAIN. IN. MY. ASS.

Other than all that crap, I have no complaints about the week. Yay!

And now it's FRIDAY! So I get to sleep in for the next two days! And that just sounds so good right now, it's not even funny. Have a good weekend, all.

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

Tea Leaf on the Loose! wins. Yup. Like I said. You usually win. =/