Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week one down, and I want to give up already.

Ok, this is one of those tough days. Yesterday was not so much...I was busy, and I didn't have time to be anything other than grateful for my quick, easy-to-prepare "meals".

Today...only one meeting. And now I'm sitting here trying not to think about what I need to get at Target later, because the idea of setting foot inside a place where I can buy turkey jerky, Tostito's and queso at the same time as getting the band aids, straws, and Vitamin D3 that I need is about killing me right now.

So I will distract myself by putting up a post with my before pictures.

I took those over the weekend, so it's not a 100% true "before" shot, but it's close enough. Sorry about how fuzzy they are...I had to turn off the flash in order to take a pic of myself in the mirror, so the images aren't too fab. But they get the point across, I think. 
I told my personal trainer on Monday that it's so hard to go from one day to the next feeling alternately fine with the diet/wanting to eat standard meals again and throwing the diet to the curb, and he was actually really nice to me for the first time in a while. He reminded me that the fact that I do regular exercise (particularly the weight-bearing kind that he kills me with twice a week) is setting me up to be in a better place down the line. I'll have healthier bones and better posture as I get older.

That's all true. But I just wish I could get somewhere with the work I do, already! That's all.

I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up. I'm having a hard time with making up my mind between "this is too strict and just STUPID!" and "I can do this...it will totally be worth all the trouble in the end!" Maybe next week will be better. In the meantime, I'm carrying on...as best I can.

1 comment:

Catherine V said...

Faith, you're "putting it out there," and that is amazing and inspiring. I need to lose weight and I so understand the struggle between wanting to stay committed and wanting to toss it all aside.