Monday, January 28, 2013

Yeah, I gave up. The diet is OVAH.

That Medifast shit wasn't just hard, it was depressing. Super-depressing. I had to quit it.

I'm disappointed in myself, not gonna lie.

But I refuse to live life in a consistently unhappy state of mind. Constant anger with myself, my resolve, my willpower...it was ridiculous. Even after just a week of it!

I didn't have the energy to work out, so that didn't help. Working out puts me into a better mood. So when that falls off the radar, my world starts to crumble a little bit at a time.

I'm making my peace with it. Went and worked out this morning, and had a good amount of fun with my trainer. I was too depressed, mad, and sad to go see him on Thursday last week when I was supposed to...that was pretty much my breaking point with the whole thing.

So I'll go back to doing what I need to do...working out 6 days a week, eating healthy a majority of the time, and allowing myself my little splurges here and there. And if I continue to weigh 210 pounds, then that's just fiiine.

Better to have a slightly roly-poly body than to be pissed off an unhappy all the damned time, is how I see it.

3 comments:

Nuke said...

I think you made a good call. Being angry and/or unhappy can impact your health as much as a few pounds.

Speaking of which, I applaud you for having the guts/confidence/etc to talk about weight and health issues in this medium. It's not easy, I know from experience. Much respect to you lady!

Faith said...

Thanks Nuke! I told Leo last night that I'm just so tired of thinking about it. I made a new promise to stop talking about it so much...to stop calling myself a "fat chick", even if it is done in a silly way...and that I'll really embrace my awesome wardrobe that I'm lucky enough to have. I really do love my clothes!

faithstwin said...

Awww- I agree with Nuke: being unhappy just isn't worth starving or changing so drastically.

Maybe that 'ssshhhhh' sound you heard was someone telling you to stop worrying. Just sshhhhhhh... =D