Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Why is this whole "parking" thing so damned HARD for some people???

I left my desk at about 5:10 p.m. last night. It had been a busy afternoon, and was tying up some loose ends from the day, so it was nice to finally be able to shut down and head out to the garage at that point.

I walked up to my car, threw my purse and my pack o’ random paperwork I’d brought with me into the passenger side, and then walked around my car to get in on the driver’s side.

And then I screamed like that goat at the 6 second mark in the video we all love so much right now.

And then I screamed like the goat at the 25 second mark. Just because I was so flipping fucking fargen MAD.

This dickwad had parked maybe 6 or 8 inches away from my car. There was no way I could even get to the door to try to open it (have you SEEN my ass???), much less try to get into the car through it.

I stood there looking around for a minute, and watched the folks that were heading up my way to get into their cars, hoping that one of them was the driver of the masterfully parked Honda, but none of them were. And eventually I had to give in and climb into my driver’s seat from the passenger side of the car.

Do you know how hard that is to do in a sport coup?

…when you’re wearing a DRESS?

Yeah, it was a pain in my fucking ASS. So I went ahead and took the time to write a note to my coworker before I left. It said something to this effect:

“Dear Coworker,

You parked so close to my car that I had to climb in through the passenger side in order to go home. If you could please be more careful with your parking in the future, it would be great!”

And I even signed my own name. I think in hopes that I would receive an actual apology for their blunder sometime last night or today.

Yeah, I got nuthin’.

I was hoping that my polite commentary would be appreciated. I refrained from cussing! I signed my name! I was not an anonymous asshole with my note!!!

But noooooo.

So, yeah, that person is a DICK.

Don’t be a dick. Park between the lines when you’re parking your car. It’s really not that fucking hard to do. Look around after you park, and see how far you are from the cars around you. Consider that the driver might not be 120 pounds and 5’10” tall…

…or, you know, made of LIQUID.

Will they be able to squeeze in to the space you left for them to open their door in?

If the answer is anything CLOSE to “no”, then FUCKING RE-PARK YOUR DAMNED CAR!!! It takes less than 30 seconds and it’s a fucking CONSIDERATE thing to do!

It’s not that hard to be a nice person, y’all. It really, really isn’t.

1 comment:

Noble Rot said...

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I wish they would institute rules that say if your car is a certain size, you have to part on the top level. Huge car drivers are exhausting (heh, see what I did there?)

Until then, there's always YouParkLikeAnAsshole.