Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Day 1: tearing all the shit out.

So we began the remodel OFFICIALLY on Monday. This involved a couple of dudes that came in and ripped out carpet, tore out walls, pulled up tile (as best they could, anyway...apparently, it was laid on top of SUPER-bonding adhesive, and it took them a lot of time and muscle to get that shit out!), and removed doors and stuff.

Since we're donating a fair amount of the stuff, they had to be careful with the tear out. And they did a terrific job, by my standards. This is what the master bedroom looked like when I got home after they were done on day 1:
(That wall up there is the one that will be moving over about 6 feet. We'll have a smaller master bedroom, but we'll also have ONE MASTER CLOSET, finally! WOO!)

And then in the bathroom itself, here's what it looked like:
 So both closets in there had been opened up, and the drywall had all been removed from Stupid closet #2.

And the toilet will be moved over, but mostly will stay right where it is. It's currently residing in the guest bedroom upstairs.

The bathtub was torn out on Tuesday. But the mirrors and the sinks and most of the vanity tile had been taken out on Monday. Absolutely amazing how quickly they worked!
I've been told that the tile we picked out for the accent wall in the shower and behind my vanity will need to be reconsidered, so Leo and I will have to go back to the drawing board on that. Dammit. I was so excited to have that all picked out!!! ::sigh:: Apparently, it would cost a ridiculous amount, and the amount of grout they would have to use would be crazy, and it would need a lot of regular maintenance, blah, blah, BLAH. Fine. I lose. BOOOOO.

I can't wait to see what they did today while I was gone! I'm imagining that the wall up there in that 2nd picture might be down. We'll see.

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

*chanting* Secret door! Secret door! Secret door!


It has lost all meaning...