Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nothing else to do, so I guess I’d better write!

It’s a slow day at work. So slow that I’m watching the clock, and I cannot believe it’s only 2 p.m. right now. ::primal scream::

I’m moving on from this job in about 3 weeks, though. We’re hiring a replacement, I will train them as best I can, and then I will be off in the wild blue yonder searching for my soul’s place of happy.

It’s hard leaving a job that I’m so content with. But the boredom has been growing over time, and my astoundingly amazing intelligence level (or something like that…) has reached its wit’s end with this type of activity. I love my coworkers and my bosses so much! They’ve really made what I do a pleasure over the last 6 and a half years, for sure.

But I can only pretend for so long. The discontent has been growing for a while, and it’s contributed to lots of little issues in my life, not the least of which is the weight that I’ve gained over the last 5 years.

So I have plans. “Important plans!”

I’m going to start taking steps toward staging houses, providing furniture rentals for parties, and generally just designing awesome spaces. It’s going to be hard work, I know. But hopefully it will be fun, and fulfilling.

But for now, I watch the clock…2:45 p.m. and counting…

(Don’t think I’m crazy stupid for having started writing this at 2 p.m., and not finishing until 2:45. Ironically, some work stuff popped up, and I had to go take care of that between starting and ending this little post. Yay! 40 minutes were used up with work stuff! :P)

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

First: you made me click on that link? You know what is stupid: I looked at Mr. Clean products the other day to see if they were commercial grade... now all of my youtube commercials feature exactly what I looked at the other day. WEIRD!

Second: you can TOTALLY do the furniture/staging thing! I know you've been dreaming about it, so get some badass furniture and start it already!

Faith said...

Hahaha! Hey, I at least put the clip at the point where Joey says the "important plans!" part. I could have just lazily linked to the entire 5 minute clip. But nooooo...I was thoughtful, goddammit.