Friday, August 09, 2013

Whatever you heated up in the microwave is done now. You can go back to your desk with it. BUH-BYE.

Ugh. There are a couple of dudes in a common area near my desk that have been having the loudest, most boring conversation EVAR TO BE HAD! for the past 20 minutes now.

Don't they have desks? And inside voices? Seriously, the one guy is sooo loud!

It's been a little over 6 and a half years now that I've been here at my current company, and as much as I love it (and I really do!), I still do not understand about 3/4's of the things that are said by my coworkers. They are a smart bunch of folks, and they are lovely coworkers to be around, mostly because they are very understanding about my inability to grasp most of the shit they're talking about on a daily basis.

But also because they are just good people.

Next week is my final week here. I put in my notice at the beginning of July, and said I would be willing to work until mid-August in order to help them train a replacement for my position, if they wanted. They did...she starts on Monday. We'll spend the week together making sure she's comfortable, and has a decent grasp on the random tasks that she'll be in charge of for the next portion of her Executive Assisting career.

I, on the other hand, am burned out on the admining thing right now. I'm inspired by the Twin, and her continued ballsiness when it comes to starting business and pursuing a life that she finds worth living. She opened her new shop, Tea Leaf of the Loose, in July, and is working on building a clientelle, and dealing with all the ups and downs that come with starting a new business. And I'm jealous of her tenacity.

I'm also inspired by my dad, and the business that he built all those years ago, and everything that has come of it since then. And by my brother and sister for how they've taken the reins, and are managing the company now that dad is gone.

So I started feeling like I should put some of my OWN tenacity out there! I've been working on my business model for a little while now, attending a seminar to help me learn what I should do in order to become a home stager and interior design consultant for the Kansas City area, and then doing all the things that you gotta do to get that business up and running properly. I've received my LLC status. I'm filing the proper tax paperwork. I've created a webpage (it isn't done yet, but feel free to go check it out), and ordered business cards, and plan to hit the phone/email ciruit with local realtors starting next week.

It's exciting. It's scary. It's a little overwhelming.

But I think I'm ready. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

Good luck! Goood LUuucck! Good luuuuucckkk! (and go see We're the Millers)

And thank you for saying such nice things about me! I like this Nice Faith. You're great people. =)