Friday, April 18, 2014

Basement Remodel Update - beginning the finishes

Things are still moving along in the basement. It's now been 2 and a half months since we began the project, and we're getting to the good stuff at this point. So I thought it might be time for an update!

The past week and a half has been focused on wood trim. I thought we were saving money by putting up a PVC wainscot option that would replace any paneling, but I guess the paneling was going up, regardless? I dunno. Anyway, all that base wainscoting was put up this week, along with the door frames, and all the floor and ceiling moldings. 

The seating wall has a proper couple of posts on either end of it, now. That's going to be such a great addition to the room!
In the game room area, the base wainscoting looks just awesome...
And don't even get me started on the paneled wall that will be behind our TV. This thing is SO FUCKING COOL!
View of the TV wall from one side of the pony wall...
View of the TV wall from the other side of the pony wall...
The TV wall paneling will be painted in a sort of gray wash, so it doesn't overwhelm with a glaring whiteness, and so the white floating shelves and the entertainment unit won't just all blend in and disappear. I'm so excited to see that when it gets done!

Today, the fireplace is being installed, and then that wall can be completed next week. And painting begins on Wednesday next week. PAINT.

You guys, this sort of shit gets me so ridiculously excited, so expect me to be in a good mood for the next few weeks, dammit.

No comments: